Internet Posting and Corps

What are your corps's regulations on posting stuff on the internet? What about blogs, can you have one?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My corps just says "Think before posting."

I have heard of some corps discouraging their kids not to have a myspace or social networking account like that due to safety though.

They can't reply....they are forbidden.

we couldnt post on DCP. offtopic forums were ok, as long as we removed anything affiliating us with our corps, but we couldnt reply to anything drum corps related.

Wow, not fun. What does your corps think about social networking?

As the old saying goes: "kids are kids". The mere thought of kids posting something that may be interpreted as a corps' official statement is a director's worst nightmare. That's why they encourage them to excercise caution. JMO.

Has there ever been a corps that prohibited blogs or myspace and xanga because of this very problem?

If I was a director, they wouldn't be allowed to post in the drumcorps topics but could in off topic forums, they also shouldn't state where they march.

All it takes is for one mistake or misguided word for somebody to run off with something. The other reason is: there are many people who will do or say ANYTHING to bring down a corps or a person in a coprs. Personal agendas are above the treatment of kids.

The best and IMO the only thing a corps can do is to restrict a member from posting on a message board. Myspace type sites can be made private where only "friends" can view them. That would be my policy too.

Edited by CloudHype

I don't think posting places has ever been discouraged, but through common sense I'd exercise caution. I always make sure I'm presenting a positive image because whether I like it or not, people may take what I say to represent the organization I march with.

Use common sense and you should be fine.

If I was a director, I would probably discourage my kids from making a myspace or xanga site that the public could view for safety reasons. There are alot of kids being kidnapped by meeting people on thos sites.