DOES ANYONE REMEMBER ROCHESTER 1996?

1998 DCAs

Sunrisers after-party.

:worthy:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this "Roll out the Barrell" that everyone keeps talking about?

Dave

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more...

How about the lights down during retreat for fireworks.

LOL...... in '96, the lights were turned off.... the fireworks show started..... and the scoreboard/stadium operator then told me "it'll probably be about a half hour or more before we can turn the lights back on..... with this system, you can't just turn 'em off and turn' em back on immediately. The lights need to cool down first before re-starting, and then after that they take several minutes to get back to full power."

Right then, I kinda had a feeling we were in for a very interesting end of the evening. :P

Fran

Now THERE'S a memory! How many conductors did Cabs go through that evening again? :worthy:

My favorite part was when the cop told Longdo to make them stop. Longdo stepped aside and said..."You make them stop," and casually walked away. And still they continued. TG and I were getting married the next morning. Russo and his wife were standing for us, and another guy in the corps was doing the photography. I was pretty sure that the wedding was going to have to be postponed until we could post bail.

I remember hearing about this when it happened, I love when drum corps beats the cops!! Don't get any better then that!

My favorite part was when the cop told Longdo to make them stop. Longdo stepped aside and said..."You make them stop," and casually walked away. And still they continued. TG and I were getting married the next morning. Russo and his wife were standing for us, and another guy in the corps was doing the photography. I was pretty sure that the wedding was going to have to be postponed until we could post bail.

If there was a moment I will never forget in my Drum Corps career it will be that night! ####!!!Even my mom got in the cops face flipping them off. I will always respect the Buccaneers and that was definately a bonding moment between both corps. I dought there is anything that could top that night!!!

If there was a moment I will never forget in my Drum Corps career it will be that night! ####!!!Even my mom got in the cops face flipping them off. I will always respect the Buccaneers and that was definately a bonding moment between both corps. I dought there is anything that could top that night!!!

No one outside of our world of drum corps would ever understand how intense that was no matter how clearly you tried to explain it.

Unreal - simply put - Unreal............

At least once or twice a year I go to the Bucs page to reread that - and the same goosebumps appear as they did that night in 96 - Donnie rocks!!!