Biggest guard lrelease..ever

Okay, I'm not a real knowledgable person on colorguard, but what corps in what year had the highest/biggest/most rotations in a release??? Was it clean? How hard is it to spin like that?!

Another question, what is the considered to be the most difficult spin/move/release a guard can perform these days... Who does it the most often, whats the most recent example of it?

well in cadets i know that the bunny threw a 7 on rifle and jumped up to catch it. i liked it

in citations they did a high huck firework thing. they had a 13,14,16,and 21 year old throw a 6 on sabre while others threw 5s and stuff. most ever time the caught it .. it was a good effect. they are so young and have such skill

BD consistently blows me away with their rifle lines. You get a lot of soloists in corps who do big tosses here and there, but BD does it more on a group level, and more consistently year in and year out from what I've seen than any other.

the guy in Boston 1999.

that saber absolutely FLEW.

~>conner

found my old thread.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums//ind...c=79113&hl=

the guy caught a 16 on a saber.

~>conner

BD consistently blows me away with their rifle lines. You get a lot of soloists in corps who do big tosses here and there, but BD does it more on a group level, and more consistently year in and year out from what I've seen than any other.

maybe its just me... but their rifes seem so tiny nowadays...

look at their current ones VS Cadets of 98...

2005 BD Rifle line tossed an EIGHT! It's true, I know a guy who marched that show.....I still can't believe thats not talked about....

Cavies 2000 rifle soloist.....there's speculation of what he actually tossed, people will tell you different things and they will also tell you the only time he ever flubbed it was finals (however he did not drop it)....it was at least a seven.

maybe its just me... but their rifes seem so tiny nowadays...

look at their current ones VS Cadets of 98...

I believe you are right about the rifle length BD uses compared to Cadets or some other rifle lines. Back then Cadets used like a 41 " compared to other guards 36" or 39". It takes a lot of muscle to chuck a 5 or 6 with the forty ones. However, I feel they are more visual than the baby rifles used by a lot of corps. Yes, it is easier to toss an 8 with the shorter rifle.....less weight to deal with.

Now Carolina Crown's guard really impressed me this year and to me they were/are under rated. ^OO^

If it's anything that stands out to me it would be the sabre unison tosses in the ballad of Blue Devils 99.

My favorite toss and guard of all time: 2005 The Cadets, the cleanest thing I've ever seen with the most amazing book I've ever seen written. The medea toss was absolutely astounding with it's precision and rotation. The poles of every flag was in flawless sync.