I&E Results?

Haa...no worries, gents, we are working on it for next year's mello ensemble :) Expect a few more MCL sections to jump on board also..

There were some tough competitors and some funny moments as well. Great job all the way around, everyone.

Maybe with one I&E under our belts, we can spread a little more heat on it next year :)

What a crowd...so receptive and fun to play for :)

Edited by radiosteele

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And lastly, to be on the same stage as John Urspruch is a great honor for me. He's my hero.

Frank D

Like wise it was a great honor for me to be on that same stage "O Great Sultan of the single valve slip slide horn." :worthy:

I had to miss Frank Dorrities' solo. Anybody see him and tell me what he played? Or maybe have a recoring of him to share? I missed him because I wanted to go see my bro Chris Tomoloff do his keyboard performance (his first place performance).

Thanks for the props, brother! It was a pleasure to perform.

Cool medal, too!

Best

CJT

For those of you that are interested, video of my solo can be found here. B)

The venue rocked and I was able to find a sweet place about a block away where I could warm-up with the reflection of a glass window to help me tweak some visual elements. My hands felt extremely good and I was able to relax and have fun, which a DCA-newbie like myself found out what the weekend was all about.

Great video! Thanks Hulka You look/sound clean :wink:

Great video! Thanks Hulka You look/sound clean :wink:

My credibility took huge hit because of the solo? Too funny.

Of the 36 or so snares that competed, only one was starting threads about himself. Sure, I&E solos might have a lot of similarities from performer to performer, but none of them were here trying to hype it. Your continuous posts about your solo before it happened, and your disclaimers and excuses after the fact, shows that there's one glaring thing you lack: modesty. Just like your forum signature that insists people look at your movie that got a 2.8 out of 10 rating at IMDB. Everything about you just screams "look at me! look at me!"

I guess we learned something though: good will always triumph over evil.

Edited by mbiquad2001

Of the 36 or so snares that competed, only one was starting threads about himself. Sure, I&E solos might have a lot of similarities from performer to performer, but none of them were here trying to hype it. Your continuous posts about your solo before it happened, and your disclaimers and excuses after the fact, shows that there's one glaring thing you lack: modesty. Just like your forum signature that insists people look at your movie that got a 2.8 out of 10 rating at IMDB. Everything about you just screams "look at me! look at me!"

Except that people DID look..... ^0^

Don't know about modesty but Lee never lacks publicity. B)

Too funny. Well, my bitter friend, you will likely label my response to your personal attacks on my solo, film and marketing efforts as more "non-modesty," but I feel compelled to address your poisonous efforts with some facts.

First, you can attack the marketing of my solo. But, I think you would be hard pressed to find another snare solo in DCA or DCI which was better attended than "Gabriel's Message" was last weekend. Which is the point of "performing" arts, no? "Performing" in front of people. MORE people should be promoting their appearance at I&E -- not less. You are falling into the old fashioned trap of conservative drum corps marketing that does nothing to promote our activity.

Yes, you can also attack the reviews of Haunted Highway. It doesn't bother me, as I wasn't the director, and I am certainly no actor. I was the producer, and in charge of the marketing of the film. So, the first film I ever produced and marketed was sold to a major film studio within a month, and it made a profit before it was even released in its primary target market (Japan). As a result of the lowly 2.8-on-IMDB-film, my professional opportunities in LA have increased seven-fold. So, if this makes me a failure, I guess am proud to be a failure.

So, go ahead. Attack me all you want. I'm not going anywhere. In fact, I'm just getting started.

There are many more failures to come. :P

Edited by drumlaw80