Live From the Pressbox!

"no surprises, rain, rain, rain, ad nauseum."

Ernesto's wrath... or maybe Lothar blowing off a little steam...

Good to CU in Madison... we should have talked more.

That was Ralph "Redwood" "Mr. Blue Star" Marsh sitting next to me.

The main reason I was in Madison was to see my daughter Kayla perform and the Scouts Alumni.

Hope to see you again soon...Mr. Gonzo Cozy Chops....pb

p.s. glad to see Pat Buzzard win the baritone I & E -

wondering why Sarah Houle didn't win - she's a monster in case you didn't know...

maybe Dave Landers and I will come out of retirement some day...LOL

If Dave Lang ever joins a senior drum corps we are all in for a treat...

CU in Paseadena 2007 - The return of the Anaheim Kingsmen and the best 3rd baritone line in the country!!!

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"no surprises, rain, rain, rain, ad nauseum."

Ernesto's wrath... or maybe Lothar blowing off a little steam...

Good to CU in Madison... we should have talked more.

That was Ralph "Redwood" "Mr. Blue Star" Marsh sitting next to me.

The main reason I was in Madison was to see my daughter Kayla perform and the Scouts Alumni.

Hope to see you again soon...Mr. Gonzo Cozy Chops....pb

p.s. glad to see Pat Buzzard win the baritone I & E -

wondering why Sarah Houle didn't win - she's a monster in case you didn't know...

maybe Dave Landers and I will come out of retirement some day...LOL

If Dave Lang ever joins a senior drum corps we are all in for a treat...

CU in Paseadena 2007 - The return of the Anaheim Kingsmen and the best 3rd baritone line in the country!!!

Pooh Bear,

Miss you here in Rochester Buddy!!! Maybe next year?

Pooh Bear,

Miss you here in Rochester Buddy!!! Maybe next year?

miss you too bro... I was able to talk with Joe over the weekend...and Greg...and Lynne

Love to Benny and Sharon and the entire Wilt clan...

Rochester next year for sure...and Redwood will be "in the house".

Maybe we can get Tony Pon and Jim Nordin out next year also...pb

I wanted to say thanks to Gonzo Cozy for being a great dude to all corps people over the years.

Cozy, Mike Boo, and Steve Vickers are the best at keeping the entire drum corps community informed!

Thanks to Stuart for photos of the Renegades on the website!

My biggest disappointment is that I didn't get to see my bud Tony Signorelli back in action this weekend!

guys i had just had to come in here and read it all...after the fact. i saw a lot of this get posted live, and thanks to John and crew for the access to the dry space...well drier space.

gang, the job these guys did is incredible. they gave up truly watching the shows, since to keep the computers dry, they were at the back of the...uh...room. wind guts still blew rain in, it was cold, people were in and out, yelling, laughing, you name it...and these guys and gal soldiered on. truly, these folks brought you something i didnt think we could get done given the weather, and and i am in awe of seeing them do it.

these guys are true drum corps nuts

I think, instead, they should be called Drum Corps Planeteers. And our owner:

CaptainPlanet.jpg

:P

Edited by Tank

C'mon baby, light my fire....

Great job from the mellophone Jim Morrison impersonator...I mean soloist. :D

Actually it was a fluglehorn solo for the Morrison Impersonator but it is understandable under the hurricane alley in the box! :worthy:

This may also be the first time Stairway to Heaven is followed by Brahms' Academic Festival Overture. Only in drum corps...

Actually you must have an old writeup :worthy: ......it was a drum feature of Berserk Dances from Firebird into Alice Cooper's Schools Out! :worthy:

MCL made a respectable showing for their first year in Open Class.

Yes we did. Our main goal this year was to gain full membership into DCA. We did that so we are very happy. Would we have been happier to make finals? Of course we would. But we did what we set out to do and you really can't ask for more than that.

Oh yeah.........we also had a blast doing it. Especially getting to perform for the Alumni crowd. THAT was fun! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

I for one am very grateful. Reading this was the next best thing to being there (well, Saturday night it WAS the best thing - instead of being out in that rain!)

Thanks all :)

guys i had just had to come in here and read it all...after the fact. i saw a lot of this get posted live, and thanks to John and crew for the access to the dry space...well drier space.

gang, the job these guys did is incredible. they gave up truly watching the shows, since to keep the computers dry, they were at the back of the...uh...room. wind guts still blew rain in, it was cold, people were in and out, yelling, laughing, you name it...and these guys and gal soldiered on. truly, these folks brought you something i didnt think we could get done given the weather, and and i am in awe of seeing them do it.

Actually you must have an old writeup :worthy: ......it was a drum feature of Berserk Dances from Firebird into Alice Cooper's Schools Out! :worthy:

Thanks for the correction. I was getting my information at the time from Corpsreps.com.