Thank you from DCA.

Fred,

has DCA or the local commitee? seen any blueprints for future expansion?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff,

I'm sure Allen and the local committee are more on top of this than I, as high level local officials have seats on their team. I have seen an architect's rendering that shows an upper level added to the other side. In private conversations with stadium management, I learned no decision has been made on how to enlarge the facility in the best interest of Rochester community needs. If you and I had a vote, I'm pretty confident what we would do, but it's not that simple.

:)

Fred:

Thanks for the response. There really are improvements happening in the management of DCA and all the Corps are doing an excellent job with their programs. Keep up the great work, and we'll either see you on the field (if my wifes health improves) or in the stands next year.

Wishing all the Corps and DCA the Best of Success in 2007,

Dave Faust

1982 Reading Buccaneers

2006 Reading Buccaneers (until Wildwood)

Fred,

has DCA or the local commitee? seen any blueprints for future expansion?

Jeff,

The issue with the next phase of expansion for this stadium lies in a couple of quagmires........

1) Basically in the news articles they have said that they have very little money to invest and are looking to the state to provide more to help fund the expansion.

2) The community who lives around the stadium ( including me) Has spent the last 6 years going to planning meetings, charette planning at neighborhood forums and have had many meetings with city officials including the past and present we mayors with hope and promises of development for housing issues to be started before any more public funds get spent on Paetec. Otherwise they will need to erect a "moat" around the stadium to prevent problems in the near future!

3) Believe me when I tell you the neighborhood surrounding the stadium is on a upswing, after many years of neglect from everyone!

It created a situation that won't be corrected overnight but the "good" people of the area are joining together with business leaders and community organizers to begin the process of decent housing for all and public safety being on the top of the agenda for all the neighborhoods! Mayor Bob Duffy being the formal police chief has seen first hand the problems we have and when he became mayor he was capable of doing things differently to start the resurgence of the area with outrreach and cooperation with the citizens of the area.

Please be patient.......It will not be in place for next year but I am confident that in the future every year will bring more to our great addition of Paetec Park and I am sure all management involved will evolve with the community as time passes on!

Thanks for coming to Rochester and if you happen to get just 1 block south on Oak st there is an old Italian restasurant called ROCKY'S on the corner of Oak and Jay that dates back to the 1930's. Great sauce and tripe along with other delicious Italian food! The only problem is they only serve lunches and open to 2 pm but is well worth the stop!

Look me up and I will introduce you to the local flairs of the neighborhood and Rochester from a native's view! B)

Please be patient.......It will not be in place for next year but I am confident that in the future every year will bring more to our great addition of Paetec Park and I am sure all management involved will evolve

one question ~ DCA's contract only goes through 2007 currently with Rochester ~ correct?

so having something in place IMO would be crucial in order to get the votes to go back again in 2008.

correct? :lol:

only 2007 has been awarded... now is the time to consider 2008

and to quote the amazing Jeff Ream

"Send in a Bid"

I'm sure Mr. Windish would be happy to see that all appropriate contacts are made with anyone interested in hosting the 2008 championship...

I for one have always been in favor of 2 year rotations... the second year in a site seems to be the "charm" (read: makes the corps the most money)... it's such a difficult undertaking that setting up all the contacts and everything is kind of a waste for only one year...

on the other hand... the third year in a site has often seen a lowering of the attendance.

usual not affiliated with DCA disclaimers... just speaking from experience

23 pages :o I can't read it all. I'm sure someone touched on these ideas:

A big Parade!!! Rochester has a party, we bring the tunes, the kids line the downtown sidewalks, stores make more money, corps make some revenue etc etc.

Follow it up with a huge concert! Standstills would suffice. Maybe have the recording crew on hand. Make it a free concert in the park (along the river) and have a garbage can out for donations (add it to the share points revenue).

I'm sure Rochester made some money off of Drum Corps this year .... but I think we could all do better by doing a tad more. Take the show OUT of the stadium and into the streets. I can see 15 white vans with extended boom dishes and camera's in hand following us all over Rochester. There's nothing better than free advertising.

Another thought. I know the other drum corps organization does clinics. Why doesn't DCA? Finals week is pressed for time, I know. But, why not give something back by teaching a kid how to hold their sticks correctly, or showing them how to play higher without pulling on the octave key. Goodwill = Great fans! Great Fans = A stronger DCA!!

Jeff,

I'm sure Allen and the local committee are more on top of this than I, as high level local officials have seats on their team. I have seen an architect's rendering that shows an upper level added to the other side. In private conversations with stadium management, I learned no decision has been made on how to enlarge the facility in the best interest of Rochester community needs. If you and I had a vote, I'm pretty confident what we would do, but it's not that simple.

:)

well, i'm not sure adding a bar would help Rochester in general, but i was just curious if anyone had seen any possible ideas. thanks!

Jeff,

The issue with the next phase of expansion for this stadium lies in a couple of quagmires........

1) Basically in the news articles they have said that they have very little money to invest and are looking to the state to provide more to help fund the expansion.

2) The community who lives around the stadium ( including me) Has spent the last 6 years going to planning meetings, charette planning at neighborhood forums and have had many meetings with city officials including the past and present we mayors with hope and promises of development for housing issues to be started before any more public funds get spent on Paetec. Otherwise they will need to erect a "moat" around the stadium to prevent problems in the near future!

3) Believe me when I tell you the neighborhood surrounding the stadium is on a upswing, after many years of neglect from everyone!

It created a situation that won't be corrected overnight but the "good" people of the area are joining together with business leaders and community organizers to begin the process of decent housing for all and public safety being on the top of the agenda for all the neighborhoods! Mayor Bob Duffy being the formal police chief has seen first hand the problems we have and when he became mayor he was capable of doing things differently to start the resurgence of the area with outrreach and cooperation with the citizens of the area.

Please be patient.......It will not be in place for next year but I am confident that in the future every year will bring more to our great addition of Paetec Park and I am sure all management involved will evolve with the community as time passes on!

Thanks for coming to Rochester and if you happen to get just 1 block south on Oak st there is an old Italian restasurant called ROCKY'S on the corner of Oak and Jay that dates back to the 1930's. Great sauce and tripe along with other delicious Italian food! The only problem is they only serve lunches and open to 2 pm but is well worth the stop!

Look me up and I will introduce you to the local flairs of the neighborhood and Rochester from a native's view! B)

obviously, these things take time, and i for one didn't find the neighborhood, what little i saw of it, all that bad. granted my view was pretty much from 490 to the parking lot below the stadium on...broad street was it?

as far as patience, we all need some, but IMO, with some of these issues still in place next year (aka lack of seats between the 40's), it could damage Rochester's chances for future years if somewhere good ( hershey, Scranton with changes, somehwere in NJ) puts up a good bid.

I for one didn't have issues coming up there. it was better than, IMO, what NC had to offer. but it seems DCA is running out of options for homes, and IMO, DCA shouldn't have to settle. Paetec has potential, but the other side, with finished construction is the optimum choice.

23 pages :o I can't read it all. I'm sure someone touched on these ideas:

A big Parade!!! Rochester has a party, we bring the tunes, the kids line the downtown sidewalks, stores make more money, corps make some revenue etc etc.

Follow it up with a huge concert! Standstills would suffice. Maybe have the recording crew on hand. Make it a free concert in the park (along the river) and have a garbage can out for donations (add it to the share points revenue).

I'm sure Rochester made some money off of Drum Corps this year .... but I think we could all do better by doing a tad more. Take the show OUT of the stadium and into the streets. I can see 15 white vans with extended boom dishes and camera's in hand following us all over Rochester. There's nothing better than free advertising.

Another thought. I know the other drum corps organization does clinics. Why doesn't DCA? Finals week is pressed for time, I know. But, why not give something back by teaching a kid how to hold their sticks correctly, or showing them how to play higher without pulling on the octave key. Goodwill = Great fans! Great Fans = A stronger DCA!!

a parade could be an issue...Bucs for example didn't even leave PA til later Friday night