Big Event on TV tonight!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading off memorized scripts?

Dennis is in the DCI hall of fame and most notably taught Bridgemen's drumline.

Steve has hosted 25 years. He was a member of the Squires of Watkins Glenn NY and was the director of Florida Wave.

Jessica Allen marched BD and Blast.

I agree. The drum corps credentials of those three are top-notch, IMO.

And so what if they're "reading from a script"....? How many announcers on any telecast ad-lib their entire dialogue? Answer: Aside from weather forecasters, not many.

Fran

Hate to burst some of your bubbles, but for a lot of people drum corps IS over when they age out, and I doubt it's because they haven't heard of DCA.

Agreed. But to not tell people that there is another option IF you want to continue marching is, to say the least, less than truthful.

Fran

Agreed. But to not tell people that there is another option IF you want to continue marching is, to say the least, less than truthful.

Fran

Well, they did briefly mention something about them having an opportunity to march all-age corps. But people really shouldn't whine when they don't specifically mention it to every single person that they talk to at Finals

I agree. The drum corps credentials of those three are top-notch, IMO.

And so what if they're "reading from a script"....? How many announcers on any telecast ad-lib their entire dialogue? Answer: Aside from weather forecasters, not many.

Fran

I was merely indicating that it sounds highly unprofessional and to the average person such as myself who doesn't know as much trivia, it seems like the announcers are being told what to say and therefore aren't throwing in their original, highly-trained thoughts. But that's over because now I know different.

The commentary is done a week or two later after finals. That's probably why it sounds less than spontanious. The definately know what they're talking about.

Ah yeah, I didn't take that into consideration (even though it's pretty #### obvious.)

Merged Topics.

Let's keep the ESPN2 Broadcast discussion centralized in here. Thanks!

(looking down, twisting one foot into the ground) Yes Ma'am....

Guess who got merged... :P

Well, they did briefly mention something about them having an opportunity to march all-age corps. But people really shouldn't whine when they don't specifically mention it to every single person that they talk to at Finals

Jeez, guess the DCI-DCA Cold War really is over. :huh:

But as far as the "whinning" about not mentioning it to everyone. Don't forget the target audience is people who know nothing about DC. IOW, when "after 21 that's it for DC" was said on the telecast, it was taken as Gospel to the uninformed target audience. (My complaint from the last few years.)

Then one of the "uninformed" people could google "drum corps", read about All Age corps and think "Hey someone should let Rondo know about this". :unsure: :P

For you folks watching the rest of the show, Check if Div II/III and non top 12 Div I corps get another mention.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari