Big Event on TV tonight!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They finish second in the World Championships and the filmographers spent 70% of the frigging coverage on the guard. If the announcers said that Phantom's show was the crowd favorite, then why the H didn't they show more of the whole corps;i.e. formations, brass, percussion. What a crock!!! Lesser corps had more coverage...

I think there's a conspiracy against PR....utterly ridiculous ESPN2 coverage of the second best corps. Shameful!

I really like the critique that was given to most of the corps. I think that for DCI to market itself like a "sport," it has to do that sort of thing. No athlete is without criticism, and I think we get a little too opposed to criticizing members on this forum.

Kudos to those in charge. I think this broadcast has easily been the best yet, and it's leagues ahead of the espn2 broadcast last year.

Rondo's "greasing the machine" comment notwithstanding, I give the show a thumbs up!

Devils...that show is LUSH!

LOVE IT!

Was it just me, or was that the best VANGUAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD yell ever?

They finish second in the World Championships and the filmographers spent 70% of the frigging coverage on the guard. If the announcers said that Phantom's show was the crowd favorite, then why the H didn't they show more of the whole corps;i.e. formations, brass, percussion. What a crock!!! Lesser corps had more coverage...

I think there's a conspiracy against PR....utterly ridiculous ESPN2 coverage of the second best corps. Shameful!

That bothered me beyond belief! Oh well... I still think it was a conspiracy due to the finals placements guilt now setting in. ^0^

Loved the broadcast, even more than last year. BD, Cavies, Phantom, all outstanding. I Actually got goosebumps from PR's final moments LOL LOL

The short history of each corps before the performance was a nice addition.

Crown was way better than Blue Knights, but I did appreciate the Blue Knights a little more after tonight, cant wait for the dvd's.

Cavaliers are truly in a league of their own.

~G~

Chills . . .

On behalf of Drum Corps Associates, I'd like to congratulate our friends Drum Corps International, and broadcast producer, Tom Blair. Tonight's ESPN2 show was magnificant! Lots of stunning visual images throughout, very effective message as we strive to explain our one-of-a-kind sport to our viewers.

Like the Rose Bowl, DCI is one game I want to see every year!

Still think Pits and drums are too LOUD!

Could hardly hear the brass lines.

They still need to work on mic placement.

At least a caught a glimpse of Crossmen in the Yamaha commercials. Cool.