Big Event on TV tonight!

I am definitely familiar with the cavies shows from the past seven years. They're all visually appealing. Let's see: 2000 - Niagra Falls, 2001 - Four Corners, 2002 - Framework, 2003 - Spin Cycle, 2004 - Bond, 2005 - Chicago, 2006 - Mr. Roboto. They are all very easy to understand but about as deep as a rain puddle.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea for all of you who aren't happy with a telecast of DCIs coverage of IT'S OWN championship without mentioning the all-age corps:

How about you pool all of your money and have DCA finals broadcast on a television station??? Then you could ignore mentioning the junior corps circuit and you won't seem like a whining bunch of ingrates??? Fair enough?

You took the words right out of my mouth Z.

Nobody ever really answered the question....

IS CURIOUSER a word?

I am definitely familiar with the cavies shows from the past seven years. They're all visually appealing. Let's see: 2000 - Niagra Falls, 2001 - Four Corners, 2002 - Framework, 2003 - Spin Cycle, 2004 - Bond, 2005 - Chicago, 2006 - Mr. Roboto. They are all very easy to understand but about as deep as a rain puddle.

Well, I was going to take the time to debate but the I figured I could easily say it all with this:

:feednotroll:

have a nice day

~G~

They finish second in the World Championships and the filmographers spent 70% of the frigging coverage on the guard. If the announcers said that Phantom's show was the crowd favorite, then why the H didn't they show more of the whole corps;i.e. formations, brass, percussion. What a crock!!! Lesser corps had more coverage...

I think there's a conspiracy against PR....utterly ridiculous ESPN2 coverage of the second best corps. Shameful!

I know DCI was trying to tell Regiments 11 minute story in only 3, but come on, how many close up guard shots do you need (especially when you missed the HUGE hit when they changed the baldrics to white)...ahhh. That was probably my favorite part of the show, minus all of Ave Maria. Then again just another reason for me to go out and buy the DCI DVD, and Phantom's "On the road DVD" (and any other souvies that are still left over from the flooding...I say wash up the T-shirts and sell them cheap. #### even lie and say some were from the Great Atlanta Flood of Section 324. Anything to support them more)

And also with the Cadets...why not focus on some really great parts of their show like White Rabbit or the Tea Party and let the whole controversial singing blah crap die. I think we all had our fair share of beating on the Cadets in threads all summer so lets show portions of the show that are just in your face Cadets and not have old Dennis put his two cents in about controversy. Ok, my troll went back under his bridge :)

Edited by BadgerTan

Nobody ever really answered the question....

IS CURIOUSER a word?

In the context of the sideways remark at the Cadets "Alice" show, it is...

http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/wonderland/curiouser.htm

However, in standard English...no, not really...as you can see that Merriam-Webster redirects from it to "curious"

http://m-w.com/dictionary/curioser

Thus endeth the English lesson for tonight. :P

Get ready UCLAsurfer. I heard next years show a guard member goes through a beaded curtain and comes out as Jeff Spicolli. New guard equipment will be flipping pizzas and they will carry hornline members across the field on surfboards. That deep enough for you?

:insert comment about lack of mention of Div. 2/3 here:

Seriously I would be happy with: "If you audition for a Div. 1 corps, and can't do it for reason X, try Div. 2/3. Check DCI.org for more info"

How hard would it be to make just that much mention?

Agree.

Mention that in the survey on dci.org. I did. :)

BTW, Jessica did perform in the touring company of Blast, but not the orginal company from London.

Thank you for the clarification -- I wasn't aware. :)