Madison Hires Executive Director

Stories? Come on! :wink:

I may remember one of Jeff's first instructor gigs when he and Jim Yakas (sp?) ran the drumline for Phantom Regiment Cadets in 1996 I believe. Both Jeff and Jim were extremely hard working and fun to be with. Then I believe Jeff did a stint with Yamaha after that.

Jeff wil be a huge asset to Madison's program. When I saw him this year in Madison, it was like...where's Yakas? The two of them were so much together.

Congrats Jeff!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...Scouts appoint 3 new board members, all who marched in the Madison Scout Alumni Coprs...then they appoint Spanos as the new corps director...I think many Scout alumni, current corp members, & fans are going to like he new (old) direction. And hey, I would be happy to donate my alumni uniform if the Scouts want to return to wearing the classic Scout uni!

I hava a feeling that the Scouts 2007 show will be a crowd pleaser...

If there's one lesson the MSARP should have taught all of us, it's that our little brothers need us...I am extrememely excited about Jeff's appointment and I know he'll do great things, but as Alumni let's make a commitment to support our little brothers no matter what the show is or who the director is, because as many have pointed out in this and other forums, the members are truly what make the Madison Scouts!

MYNWA,

Clay Wallace

Scouts '94

MSARP '06

but as Alumni let's make a commitment to support our little brothers no matter what the show is or who the director is, because as many have pointed out in this and other forums, the members are truly what make the Madison Scouts!

:wink:

If there's one lesson the MSARP should have taught all of us, it's that our little brothers need us...I am extrememely excited about Jeff's appointment and I know he'll do great things, but as Alumni let's make a commitment to support our little brothers no matter what the show is or who the director is, because as many have pointed out in this and other forums, the members are truly what make the Madison Scouts!

MYNWA,

Clay Wallace

Scouts '94

MSARP '06

well said, Clay... ^OO^

That is great news, Jeff came out and worked our snare line a few times at Pioneer while I was there. He is a class act and will be a great asset to the Scout organization. He was always super nice and treated everyone fairly.

Here are a few of Jeff Spanos in action through the years...

Snares1995.jpg

1995 snare line... Jeff is 5th from right as you look at the shot

blast1.jpg

BLAST snare God...

100_2138.jpg

one month ago hackin' with Mike Stone ...

Edited by GGarrett

Here are a few of Jeff Spanos in action through the years...

Nice pics. About a month ago, very old friend of mine who ownes Drums & Moore in Madison said I should stop by sometime and takes a lesson from a champion/ex-BLAST snare drummer who teaches at his store. So I said "Great, next time I'm in town ..." I was quite excited. That drummer was Jeff. So now I would imagine he will be a too busy. Ah well, with every good comes some bad :wink:

Congratulations to Jeff. Although I've never met him, I'm happy to see so much excitment surrounding the appointment. It looks like this will be the perfect opportunity to bridge the gap between new and old. Best of luck!