Official DCI 2007 Show Announcement Topic

The 2007 season is approaching, and now is the time corps officially announce their shows. I'll edit this post whenever a show announcement is released, and we can use the topic to discuss the 2007 shows.

DIVISION I

Academy

Blue Devils

Blue Knights (rumored)

- Piano Concerto No. 1 (Dmitri Shostakovich)

- Piano Concerto No. 10 (Dmitri Shostakovich)

Blue Stars

Bluecoats- Criminal

Boston Crusaders

- Latin music

Cadets- This I Believe

- Symphonic Movement (Vaclav Nelhybel)

Rumored:

- Exultaté (Samuel Hazo)

Possible:

- Nancy Galbraith

- Fan suggestions

Carolina Crown

Cavaliers

Music of

- Billy Joel

Colts- Equinox

Music of

- Béla Bartók

- Androw Lloyd Webber

Crossmen- Metamorphosis (rumored)

Esperanza

Glassmen- Gitano

Music of

- Robert W. Smith

- Patrick Roszell

- Chris Hestin

- Chad Heiny

Madison Scouts- Unbound

Mandarins- Dragon Dance

- Tea in Chinese Camp (Joseph Curiale)

- Wu Shu Jing Shen (Shigeru Umebayashi)

- Call of the Mountain/A View from Sea (Joseph Curiale)

- Shadow and Light (Joseph Curiale)

- The Fight For Tomorrow (Masamichi Amano)

- Jubiliation (Tan Dun)

Pacific Crest- What Happens in Vegas...

- Viva Las Vegas (Elvis Presley)

- Luck Be a Lady (Frank Loesser)

- Love for Sale (Cole Porter)

- Angel Eyes (Matt Dennis, Earl Brent)

Phantom Regiment- On Air

- 1000 Airplanes on the Roof (Philip Glass)

- The Flower Duet (Léo Delibes)

- The Firebird (Igor Stravinksy)

Pioneer- The Fields of Green

- Gustav Holst Suite (Gustav Holst)

- Rakes of Mallow (Irish tune)

- Dark Tide/Washer Woman (Howard Shore, Gangs of New York)

- Minstrel Boy (Thomas Moore)

- Variations on Gary Owen (Gary Owen)

Santa Clara Vanguard- !: Music By Ravel and Respighi

- Daphnis et Chloé (Maurice Ravel)

- Dance of the Gnomes (Ottorino Respighi)

- Church Windows (Ottorino Respighi)

Seattle Cascades

Southwind

Spirit from JSU- Genesis

Music of

- Jun Nagao

- Imogen Heap

- John Mackey

- David Gillingham

Troopers- Awakening

Music of

- Joseph Curiale

- Dave Brubeck

- Gordon Goodwin

Edited by Hrothgar15

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you have Kiwanis on the list - I'm hoping you are right but is there any official word on them making it back to the field next year? Fingers crossed......

• 1 month later...

Hmm, I realize that this is my first post in here after just reading for several monthes, but...

I was told by an Alumnus of the Cadets that their show this year was a murder mystery. Four characters trying to figure out who killed a person. The "gimmick" is that they have four completely different endings to the show, each with another character being revealed as the murderer. Therefore, any performance could be a completely different show.

Of course that could be completely made up.

I know what a Division III corps from Hamilton, Ontario is bringing to the field for 2007. But it's not news for this thread or forum.

Who usually releases their show concepts earliest? I know Cavies are really early, but who else can we expect, say, this month?

Hmm, I realize that this is my first post in here after just reading for several monthes, but...

I was told by an Alumnus of the Cadets that their show this year was a murder mystery. Four characters trying to figure out who killed a person. The "gimmick" is that they have four completely different endings to the show, each with another character being revealed as the murderer. Therefore, any performance could be a completely different show.

I heard more and less of the same deal, the whole black and white murder mystery set up. Could be pretty cool, IMO.

This could be good if done right, but I see no emotional value in this show, nothing that'll make me want to stand up and cheer (which I really like doing at drum corps shows but did not do for the Cadets this year). The future of humankind, the joy of celebration, the glory of our great nation...that's what I want to see. But a murder mystery?

They're trying too hard. ######, pick some music, pick some drill, and go out and create a masterpiece.

Edited by Hrothgar15

The future of humankind, the joy of celebration, the glory of our great nation...
What do all these themes have in common? THEY'VE ALL BEEN DONE BEFORE,lol. I know change is hard but thats the evolution of the activity.

Last thing I heard about the "murder mystery" show was that it was Sully's idea and now that he's not heading the design of the show, maybe the idea got scraped.