Official DCI 2007 Show Announcement Topic

The show is about birds....

As long as it's not for the birds...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show is about birds....

Then why did they call it "air" and not "birds?" - :wub: - After all, there's lots of birds that can't fly. And lots of insects and mammals (bats) that do! <just foolin' around> Seriously, though, a show called "Air," you'd figure it'd be about the Air, as in the classical element (earth, air, fire, water), at least metaphorically, no?

Then why did they call it "air" and not "birds?" - :wub: - After all, there's lots of birds that can't fly. And lots of insects and mammals (bats) that do! <just foolin' around> Seriously, though, a show called "Air," you'd figure it'd be about the Air, as in the classical element (earth, air, fire, water), at least metaphorically, no?

It's not "Air" it's "ON AIR" with pictures of birds, so flight and birds seem to be more logical. :)

Still, playing "The Firebird" in a show called "On Air" messes with my sensibilities somehow.

Fire does need air (at least oxygen). :D

Of course, when you think about it, it's not half so odd as announcing that you're going to perform a show about the <ahem> "winter equinox." :beer:

That did throw me. Wasn't sure if it was a mistake or they were including both soltice and equinox, or all the seasons etc.

You know, about a week before Phantom announced the show I was thinking, "You know, wouldn't it be amazing if they brought back The Firebird...after 29 years? They'd never, ever do that in this day and age of 'cutting edge,' but one can only hope."

Maybe I should put another PR bumper sticker on my car.

:beer::sleeping::sleeping: