A few interesting facts.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean the Regiment wins the moving around alot award? Isn't that given out right after the Spirit of Disney?

Just a thought...the DCI Roadrunner Award

Actually...wouldn't it be the playing the most??? I believe Cavaliers would win the "moving around the most" b/c they had a longer show!!!

Thanks for the info, but the movement figures don't really work. Some corps have more time with frenetic movement at various points by all members within the course of a series of sets, yet at many other times during that series of sets, many are standing still or moving very slowly.

Can you possibly try that out for other corps from this season? I'm really curious how the top 3 or so compare to other finalists.

Very interesting, about the Phantom Regiment thing. I thought it was clear from the ESPN broadcast that they were moving (and playing) much more (and with much greater step size and velocity) than the Cavaliers, and its interesting to see the statistics on it. Thanks a lot.

double post.

Edited by Jared_mello

Thanks for the info, but the movement figures don't really work. Some corps have more time with frenetic movement at various points by all members within the course of a series of sets, yet at many other times during that series of sets, many are standing still or moving very slowly.

Well, he established norms for the corps, so each corps is judged on the same standard. He explained it pretty well-- who gets time towards their percentage for doing what. I think it would be impossible to judge perfectly because of what you present, but since he established norms for the general movement of each corps, it actually does work pretty well.

Wow. I thought I had no life.

Thank you for the info (that i actually DO have a life)

and the numbers are great too!

just 5 seconds separate BD and Cavies moving&playing time? Wow.