September 11th Tribute

Wow, if there's something I didn't want to see, it was the WTC.

Why can't we move on? After a tragedy people keep doing what they've always been doing. Why does the 9-11 symbol have to be the WTC site when it could be a firefighter? We can't seem to look past our differences to rebuild the WTC site and it's 5 years later.

When I think of 9-11, it's the firefighters that come to mind. We should remember them.

Yes, and I'll also remember my Great Uncle, who died that day, along with is staff of six people, one who was my babysitter when I was a child. I'm glad we don't "move on" . I'm glad we'll "never forget"

To some, it may be a news event, or a distraction, to many of us, its a part of life. We'll never be able to move on. Thank God I am not alone.

Thank you DCP.

~G~

I think all the 3000 people that were murdered, and their loved ones should be rememberd also, firefighters, police, PA workers, executives, chefs, janitors....ALL !

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time watching it, but I love the way it was done. It is hard for me because I was supposed to be at 1 WTC floor 102 that morning. 9/11 (tomorrow) will be very hard for me personally.

Tony my niece works in the Pentagon and was there the day the attacks took place. Two of her best friends and co-workers stopped by her office. She told them she was on her way to the other side of the building to submit some paper work. They said they were going that way and would deliver the papers for her..........she never saw them again! It took her a long time and many sessions of counseling before she felt comfortable to go to work again in the same building.

Anyway, Fran I think you guys did a wonderful job! :music:

9/11 affected us all in some way or another. The emotions of grief will never abate for many of us. But - to that end, let us start to use those emotions and passionate feelings to the good of our country, as those that passed would have wanted us to do. Get involved in your communities, volunteer your time, energy and money if you have it to education, health care issues, and to the benefit of our youth that is growing up into a country divided.

That day heaven opened it's gates to thousands and rejoiced in their arrival as we here on earth mourned their leaving. Five years later, the tribute has received more reaction that it did in it's original airing only one year after.

We will never forget - but we can work to change the world.

Any chance others could see it??

MYNWA,

Pat

'tis a very moving tribute...

I also found my copy of DCI's tribute utilizing "America/O'Canada" and just watched it.

Tomorrow will be somber.

I NEED to see those planes, I NEED to see those buildings, I NEED to see those families, I NEED to see those little children who lost parents. I NEED to cry.

I need to cry so that I do NOT forget. My promise to never forget means never forgetting the people who died just because they were at work. It means not forgetting the people who died just because they were on an airplane. And it CERTAINLY means not forgetting the people who died simply because they felt a calling to rescue people and ran INTO burning buildings while others were running out.

Exactly.And that's how it should be.