September 11th Tribute

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that was a beautiful tribute ... nice job.

beautiful, indeed. the pictures alone would have been enough to wet the eyes, but the addition of drum corps...wow. the effect took me by surprise. beautiful.

I, for one, will NEVER forget. But it really bothers me when people say we haven't forgotten.

I think the majority of the United States HAS forgotten. Of course nobody has literaly "forgotten" the actual event but as a country, we sure don't feel the same about the attacks as we did five years ago.

In the months that followed the attacks, you could not buy an American flag in a store. Every store was completely sold out even before the next shipment came in. Every car on the road had an America flag. Everyone was a patriot.

Especially for those of us in the New York area (we could see the buildings go down from the top floor of the school where I taught in NJ) it was a day we shouldn't EVER forget. Everyone either knew someone in those buildings and planes, or we knew someone who knew someone.

These ####### attacked our country - attacked our peaceful citizens - attacked our families and attacked the American way of life. All because they don't like us.

I, for one, hate these terrorists and want to see them put through the agony they've put us through. I want them to lose loved ones and fear for the lives of their children as I now do.

When it first happened, America banded together to support the families that lost loved ones. Now some people berate the 9/11 widows.

When it first happened, America banded together to call for retribution. Now we can't even agree with military action against terrorism (I'm NOT talking IRAQ here- so don't go there)

When it first happened, America banded together and promised to REMEMBER. I think America has forgotten.

I NEED to see those planes, I NEED to see those buildings, I NEED to see those families, I NEED to see those little children who lost parents. I NEED to cry.

I need to cry so that I do NOT forget. My promise to never forget means never forgetting the people who died just because they were at work. It means not forgetting the people who died just because they were on an airplane. And it CERTAINLY means not forgetting the people who died simply because they felt a calling to rescue people and ran INTO burning buildings while others were running out.

As a Madison Scout, I appreciate the music and the sentiment. As an American, I vow never to forget any of it. Please feel free to remind me every 9/11 or any other day. I need this and I think we, as a country, need it.

<Edited for filter circumvention - TM>

This is a beautiful tribute to everyone who suffered a loss that day. Thank you for sharing it with us. That day will never be forgotten.

kel

Instant water works. Very well done.

Must catch those responsible...

Fran, you and George have put into your production an emotion I as a writer would fail at putting into words.

I don't know what to feel, even now, five years later.

I don't want my heart ripped out again, yet I know it has to be for me to remember what I should never forget.

We were all changed that day. Your tribute reminds us that we shall forever remain changed.

Thank you for seeing into our hearts and rumbling our souls with the resolve that we must never forget.