Me and my family sat through the entire prelims on Saturday. Yes it was wet for the fans, but the people out on the field gave it their all for our pleasure. We were there to support them 100%. So, as you were "sitting in your truck playing Go Fish, I was rocking out to one of the best shows I have experienced. Especially seeing my brother marching in the Lead Bari Line of the Renegades in his home town was awesome!!!

Oh, and is there anybody that actually marched on Saturday during prelims that is complaining??

Didn't think so....

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my family sat through the entire prelims on Saturday. Yes it was wet for the fans, but the people out on the field gave it their all for our pleasure. We were there to support them 100%. So, as you were "sitting in your truck playing Go Fish, I was rocking out to one of the best shows I have experienced. Especially seeing my brother marching in the Lead Bari Line of the Renegades in his home town was awesome!!!

Oh, and is there anybody that actually marched on Saturday during prelims that is complaining??

Didn't think so....

Hey - I marched with your brother this year!!! He's awesome.

Thanks for the support.

When I went to the bathroom waiting for our turn to perform Saturday night I had three people come up to me on seperate occasions, ask if I was a Renegade, when were we going on and tell me they couldn't wait to see us. That alone got me pumped up to go perform for the crowd. No matter how small and wet it was. ^0^

Again, you ASSUMED THE RISK that something like this would happen when you bought your ticket. We all ASSUMED THE RISK that something like this could happen we we decided to participate in a competitive outdoor activity.

Well, now that we know the risks. We can bring our own camera and film crew next year. Even bring our own audience. And don't forget our own paint crew to line the field before we go on. And I'm sure that the 45 minutes that it takes our crews to get situated won't result in any penalties or lawsuits.

</JOKE>

</sort of>

P.S.

- They make paints that are chemical soluable that don't wash away in the rain.

- They make covers for cameras that keep the rain drops off the lens.

- They even make waterproof still cameras.

- And there's tarps to be had for the microphones to keep them useable.

- They even make stadiums that are enclosed to keep the rain out.

HOW COME WE HAD """""NONE""""" OF THE ABOVE AT DCA?

(for those of us who ONLY got to perform at Prelims)

And don't even get me started on the I spent more than you did tantrum.

Was it raining at prelims?

Shucks.

I guess I was too intent on doing my very best to notice small stuff.

:huh::huh::laugh::laugh::music:

Well, now that we know the risks. We can bring our own camera and film crew next year. Even bring our own audience. And don't forget our own paint crew to line the field before we go on. And I'm sure that the 45 minutes that it takes our crews to get situated won't result in any penalties or lawsuits.

</JOKE>

</sort of>

P.S.

- They make paints that are chemical soluable that don't wash away in the rain.

- They make covers for cameras that keep the rain drops off the lens.

- They even make waterproof still cameras.

- And there's tarps to be had for the microphones to keep them useable.

- They even make stadiums that are enclosed to keep the rain out.

HOW COME WE HAD """""NONE""""" OF THE ABOVE AT DCA?

(for those of us who ONLY got to perform at Prelims)

And don't even get me started on the I spent more than you did tantrum.

The only answer I can come up with to your question of "HOW COME WE HAD ''''''NONE'''''OF THE ABOVE AT DCA? is because your unit wasn't good enough to make out of the prelims. Don't blame DCA or the weather for your own corps inadequate performance.

The only answer I can come up with to your question of "HOW COME WE HAD ''''''NONE'''''OF THE ABOVE AT DCA? is because your unit wasn't good enough to make out of the prelims. Don't blame DCA or the weather for your own corps inadequate performance.

Uh....wow....that was uncalled for. The issed being referred to affected everyone....whether they made finals or not. SoCal Dream was fortunate to go on in prelims before the field lines were washed away...as i recall, Alliance lost the 45 yard line....Renegades had even less.

The mike and camera cover isses ALSo affected every corps out there....finalist or not.

You might wanna back off a bit.

Didn't think so....

Well....i can complain about the cold that isn't quite gone yet...and conditions made my playing not up to the usual standards, but them;s the breaks.

Hope you enjoyed SoCal Dream....I think you and your family made up about half the audience....kinda what we're used to, since we go on first at any DCI show.

Im trying to determine from your post what you think was accomplished by holding prelims in those weather conditions. Youre yelling at him yet he stayed and watched prelims. Hundreds of people did not. They certainly didnt get anything out of it. And you dont want him in the stands? Nice! . If youre that hot to show how great you are maybe we can arrange for you to always play in hurricanes with no fans watching. There are too many people here and lurking that are legends in their own minds and want to pat themselves on the back for gutting it out. All of us performed to the best of our abilities because we had to and thats what we worked for all season. Me I like fans in the stands, I like nice conditions, and if it is at all in the control of an event organizer, then I think thats what they should always shoot for.

If there was no other choice then hey those are the cards we were dealt and you handle it. But please can all you supermen out there stop saying how special you are for doing what you had no choice but to do anyway.

they had a choice. they could tell their director no.

not a good choice, but a choice nonetheless

It's not all puppies and rainbows all the time.

this should be in the bylaws :P