Cavaliers music themes

clap............. clap............... clap.............. clap............. clap............... clap..............

clap............. clap............... clap.............. clap............. clap............... clap..............clap............. clap............... clap.............. clap............. clap............... clap..............

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One could say the same for lots of little segments of the Blue Devils and of phantom. It happens when the same arrangers are used from year to year. It seems though, that when Saucedo uses previously used materials, it is called "ripping them off". When Wayne Downey does it, they are refered to as "trademarks".

Yeah, BD has had some repetition lately, too. I think it's a little more prevalent in the Cavies recent work, though, since not only is it the same arranger, it's the same composer.

same could be said in Madison Scouts early '90s music. You could hear the exact same Mello parts and it was very evident that it was the same, year after year, after year, after year....

it happens in music. Listen to soundtracks of movies....with the same composer, you will hear similar pieces.

oh...

....clap....clap.........clap............. clap............... clap.............. clap............. clap............... clap..............clap............. clap............... clap.............. clap............. clap............... clap..............

well its not a bad thing either i mean cavies have a very signiture sound and its gotten them in first place 00'' (ties still count even though cadets really should have gotten that for and amazing show just my opinion tho) 01'', 02", 04'', and 06'', 03 the music sounded to much alike and even thought it was spin cycle and it went backwards and did alot of there other shows it was still cool enough, but 05'' i thought they could have done a better job! that show just didn't do anything at all for me but hey they still got 2nd!

Edited by Kjac18

Well, it's not a bad thing either--I mean Cavies have a very signature sound and it's gotten them in first place in '00, '01, '02, '04, and '06. In '03 the music sounded too much alike and even thought it was spin cycle and it went backwards and did alot of their other shows it was still cool enough, but in '05 I thought they could have done a better job! That show just didn't do anything at all for me, but hey they still got 2nd!

Good point! Maybe if other corps started emulating what the Cavaliers do so well, they could win more often.

But I guess it's MUCH easier to denigrate what the Cavaliers do, rather than admit to yourself that your favorite corps would probably be unsuccessful at trying to beat the Cavies at their own game.

They're called the "Green Machine" for a reason.

Watch the ESPN2 broadcast....then watch the Niagra Falls closer....there is a drill move in there that is similiar. It is hidden well though!!! :)

And they keep wearing the same green uniforms year after year. No imagination at all.

(clap.....clap......clap......)

And they keep wearing the same green uniforms year after year. No imagination at all.

(clap.....clap......clap......)

Just no more wavey lines please its been done to death now. <**> ,the point being i can see elements of cavies drill that have been done since 89 every year since.

Just no more wavey lines please its been done to death now. <**> ,the point being i can see elements of cavies drill that have been done since 89 every year since.

You can say the same of just about anybody. Man, those Blue Devils, they've been making boxes and stuff since 1989. And Phantom! Man. All those boxes and lines. Since 1989.

Of course there's going to be things left over from corps early days- that applies to everyone. All the same, just about every corps is doing stuff that hasn't been done before or that they haven't done before, some moreso than others.

same could be said in Madison Scouts early '90s music. You could hear the exact same Mello parts and it was very evident that it was the same, year after year, after year, after year....

it happens in music. Listen to soundtracks of movies....with the same composer, you will hear similar pieces.

oh...

....clap....clap.........clap............. clap............... clap.............. clap............. clap............... clap..............clap............. clap............... clap.............. clap............. clap............... clap..............

....clap....cla.....clap........ clap............ clap........... clap......... clap........ clap.......... clap......clap....clap.........clap........ clap......... clap......... clap......... clap........... clap.........clap........ clap.......clap......... clap............. clap.......... clap.........clap....clap.........clap...... clap........... clap......clap..........clap........clap.......clap......clap.........clap......

.. cla.......... clap.............. clap............. clap............ clap...........clap........ clap........ clap......... clap............. clap........... clap......... clap........... clap........