CROSSMEN STAFF ?

I AGREE!!!! For the most part I loved our staff. Why change it? I think most 2006 members had a good season. Let everyone (members and staff) get more experience. Maybe add a few staff, but don't make major changes!

I'm sure you guys respected the staff you had and that's great! I also understand how some could say, "give the staff more time"....sorry, but when you are dealing with a corps that should be in finals, an experienced staff is a must! Scott knows what he is doing because he has been down this road before. What you as members need to do is trust his decisions and stick with the organization. By having more veterans to return can insure the corps to get out of the slump they are in.

Just my 2¢

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... obviously what I said and what I intended to express came off wrong and, again, I was not intending to be insulting (as apparently you have intend). I take exception to your comment on intellect, but that's your opinion... I obviously hit a nerve. So let me again state my OPINION... I simply didn't see the Crossmen show this year (and I saw it many times) as being a top 12 contendor. There was a huge difference between Crossmen and Spirit this year... and and even bigger gap between Crossmen and Crown, BK, etc. Can you honestly disgaree with that or do you feel it was all perfromance that placed Crossmen where they ended up? Okay, maybe it was too strong to say that even if they performed "flawlessly" they couldnt' finish in the top 12, but I meant to underscore my OPINION that the show design was deficient compared to most of the corps above them. I'm not sure how my opinion is tasteless, but I apologize if it offended you. I recognize that fielding an entertaining show is of value, but I also recognize this is a competitive activity and I was basing my comments on Crossmen's competitive positon this past season, which was a disappointment.

I'll tell you what I did notice was different from Crossmen's show from Crown, BK, and the like (and I'm not just saying this to fuel any fire), but they stood still a #### of a lot less (be it good or bad, its a lot more demanding) and Xmen's drill was much harder than most corps around it, ESPECIALLY spirit. Maybe that was a downside, but the fact that nobody seems to recognize that is a bummer for Bones.

I'll tell you what I did notice was different from Crossmen's show from Crown, BK, and the like (and I'm not just saying this to fuel any fire), but they stood still a #### of a lot less (be it good or bad, its a lot more demanding) and Xmen's drill was much harder than most corps around it, ESPECIALLY spirit. Maybe that was a downside, but the fact that nobody seems to recognize that is a bummer for Bones.

besides the top 4 the only corps to move more was Madison.

need to move smarter.

besides the top 4 the only corps to move more was Madison.

need to move smarter.

From what I've heard, the Crossmen's staff is well aware of the need to move smarter not harder. The Crossmen simply did not "play the game" the way most of the top corps have learned to. That's yet another reason why the staff needs to stay largely unchanged. The staff is already a wonderful collection of teachers and designers. Now they must learn to work more as one unit and find the strategic approach that will get the Crossmen back to where they used to be. If there is yet another round of wholesale changes to the staff, nothing will be learned, and the lessons of 06 will be lost.

Yes, they are more than likely going to have a staff for 07.

Probably a Brass Staff, Visual Staff, Percussion Staff and Guard Staff.

Hope that was helpfull. :P

Don't forget the admin staff.