Member corps

Well then I'm really confused...

How do Frontier, Kilties and Govies make the cut if they competed in 2, 3, and 2 shows respectively?

(No knock on the achievements of these corps, just trying to understand how this system works.)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the difference between associate members and affiliates?

What is the difference between associate members and affiliates?

Well, based on Tom's description, the affiliates are those who did not place in the top 10, or the four after that, unless they did less than 4 shows, or the four after that, who would be associates unless THEY did less than four shows, who competed and paid their dues...wait, my head hurts now.

Edited by gdisney

here's how I read it:

I think . . .

top 10 scores in Prelims = voting member

then,

the next four highest scores are considered and membership status is determined for those four corps individually based on:

competed in 4 or more sanctioned shows = voting member

or,

competed in less than 4 sanctioned shows = associate member

then,

in good standing with DCA and competed in a sanctioned show during the season = affiliate.

so you could potentially have 14 member corps if that group of four all did 4 or more shows, or you could have just 10 member corps if none of the four did 4 shows.

Is this right?

Edited by John H

Well then I'm really confused...

Wait till you have to learn the secret handshake and the instructions for the secret decoder ring :P :P :P :P

Ow... my head!

Can someone currently with DCA please clarify two items here?

1.) What do you have to do to be a.) a voting member corps, b.) an associate member, and c.) an affiliate member.

2.) Who (after this past season) are the current a.) voting member corps, b.) associate member corps, and c.) affiliate member corps.

Thank you!

Ow... my head!

Can someone currently with DCA please clarify two items here?

1.) What do you have to do to be a.) a voting member corps, b.) an associate member, and c.) an affiliate member.

2.) Who (after this past season) are the current a.) voting member corps, b.) associate member corps, and c.) affiliate member corps.

Thank you!

I'm not "with DCA", but this is what I've gathered from the rest of the thread, mostly Tom Peashy's post;

1a. MEMBER: Score in the top ten. Any of the corps placing 11-14 also are members if they competed in 4 or more DCA sanctioned shows in the regular season.

1b. ASSOCIATE: The four highest scoring corps that aren't members, including those placing 11-14 who had less than 4 DCA shows.

1c. AFFILIATE: Paid dues and competed in a show (assumingly DCA sanctioned) this season.

2a. MEMBERS: The top ten: Bucs, Empire, Bush, Cabs, MBI, Brigs, Renegades, Hurricanes, CorpsVets, Carolina Gold (the top ten), Crusaders, Music City Legend (12 &13 with 4 DCA shows)

2b. ASSOCIATES: Kilties, Frontier (11 & 14 with <4 DCA shows), Skyliners and Govies (15 & 16)

2c. AFFILIATES: Everyone else that competed in a DCA show this year; Sunrisers, White Sabres, So Cal Dream, Chops, Lakeshoremen, Alliance, Gulf Coast Sound, River City Regiment...did I miss anyone?

Hope this helps!

Edited by Spandy

2c. AFFILIATES: Everyone else that competed in a DCA show this year; Sunrisers, White Sabres, So Cal Dream, Chops, Lakeshoremen, Alliance, Gulf Coast Sound, River City Regiment...did I miss anyone?

Actually, RCR never has (yet) competed in a DCA show, so is not an affiliate member.

Actually, RCR never has (yet) competed in a DCA show, so is not an affiliate member.

oh, sorry bout that. My mistake :laugh: