What is II/III

Div. II/III  

140 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes Div. II/III to you?

• a separate circuit meeting a specific audience need
    • a separate circuit to help introduce drum corps to new marching members
    • a minor league for Div. I
    • other...please reply in a post.

I guess my point is...where's the crowd to see II/III shows? How does II/III get some share of the marketing? How does II/III draw more fans to this very....NO....extremely cool part of the drum corps family?

I figured...if we can define it...we can market it. But, if participants, members, fans, followers, can't define it...than it makes it much more difficult for marketing to take place.

Why?

And this brings us back to my point. Division II/III is drum corps. Market it as drum corps. If you don't know how to market drum corps, find someone who does and get out of his way.

I, for one, am tired of hearing this excuse for not marketing division II/III. Let me put it to you this way - show me how division I is defined, and why it's marketing is dependent on that definition.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, if a corps can not progress from D3 to D2 within a few years, they are wasting the time, money and efforts of it's membership. To have a corps remain forever stagnant as a D3 corps tells me something is wrong within the origanization.

I can respect your opinion and all that jazz, but I've got to say this.

What!?!?! Since when exactly has remaining in the Division 3 level been considered stagnant? There are numerous Div 3's who outscore the Div 2's on many occasions throughout the season. And what exactly would you say about ECJ and Spartans having never moved up to Div 1 after being quite successful in the Div 2 playing field? A waste of time, money, and efforts of it's membership? Something's wrong within the organization? I think not....

IMO, if a corps can not progress from D3 to D2 within a few years, they are wasting the time, money and efforts of it's membership. To have a corps remain forever stagnant as a D3 corps tells me something is wrong within the origanization.

Yeah, you're right. I guess the Raiders, Yamato, Dutch Boy, etc. are just a waste of time, money and effort. There must be something wrong with their organizations.

(/sarcasm)

:(

<**>

You're out to lunch dude.

Obviously, to some people, the truth hurts. My statements are true and accurate.

Truth and accuracy would require something more than your opinion to back up your statements. Right now, your statements are OPINION only.

Obviously, to some people, the truth hurts. My statements are true and accurate.

Sorry, your opinion is neither true or accurate. Just coldhearted it seems...

Let's take our beloved Blue Stars as a prime example. They ran for many years (25 SOLID years I believe) at level II/III and were no less of a drum corps than a level I corps. To all of those level II/III corps out there, I say BRAVO ZULU for keeping your corps on the field or even on the asphault. People like morganhill don't know squat about the great things that come from marching DC at ANY level!

Are they really? And what is your background in drum corps administration again?

Your statement is nothing more than opinion. And as I stated time and time again, each organization that sponsors a drum & bugle corps is different. They cater to different people, different needs, and different demographic regions. DCI does not (and should not) define what a successful corps is. That can, and should only be defined by the corps themselves and by the members they cater to.

Amen bari_benzo!