Fantasy Drum Corps: Star 1994

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess the rumor that i heard about them leaving cuz they didn't win in 93 they left DCI. And I heard the Cadets had lunch with the judges earlier about what score they were gonna get. I know its probably hearsay, but its always good to hear from someone that was there.

So I guess the rumor that i heard about them leaving cuz they didn't win in 93 they left DCI. And I heard the Cadets had lunch with the judges earlier about what score they were gonna get. I know its probably hearsay, but its always good to hear from someone that was there.

I believe the plan to leave DCI and go with the CB was in place before the season started...certainly before finals...you can't negotiate and implement that kind of thing on the spur of the moment.

Yeah, Sam is right on the money. Placement in 93' was irrelevant since the contracts where already signed.

It seems that the original intention was to eventually return to the field, but as performance opportunities arose they chose to develop what eventually would win a Tony award. One thing that is not pointed out very often is that they have given drum corps kids a wonderful professional gig to demonstrate the skills they learned sweating on the grass.

From an alumni perspective, there is a pride in what they have done and are doing, but it sucks not having a home team to root for. When you drive past the empty corps hall and see the still standing towers, you cannot help but think what if.

Edited by mchromik

From an alumni perspective, there is a pride in what they have done and are doing, but it sucks not having a home team to root for. When you drive past the empty corps hall and see the still standing towers, you cannot help but think what if.

Tear...Oh well, Go Crown!!!

I'm confused. Your signature says Star 1992-1995. Was 1994 and 1995 the beginning of brass theater or something?

yes and we were still called Star of Indiana during those years.

Yes indeed, plans had already been made long before finals. Sorry to anyone who prefers to think otherwise, it simply isn't true! I remember a conversation that I had with a member of the CB (before we even had a show) who sort of let the cat out of the bag. He told me how nice playing with all of us (Nick and I had just recorded with them) next summer was going to be. He almost literally stuck his foot in his mouth right after he said it...lol. I didn't really fully understand the significance of the conversation at the time, but when the plans were announced everything made perfect sense.

Tear...Oh well, Go Crown!!!

and don't forget; Go Blue Stars! our newest family member.

But then again Watch this space. Good things to come.

Yes indeed, plans had already been made long before finals. Sorry to anyone who prefers to think otherwise, it simply isn't true! I remember a conversation that I had with a member of the CB (before we even had a show) who sort of let the cat out of the bag. He told me how nice playing with all of us (Nick and I had just recorded with them) next summer was going to be. He almost literally stuck his foot in his mouth right after he said it...lol. I didn't really fully understand the significance of the conversation at the time, but when the plans were announced everything made perfect sense.

Yep, I remember hanging out with members of CB after a couple of shows, specifically the Massilon show. Chuck Daellenbach hung out with us (contras) until we were ready to roll that night.

I just thought it was a really cool gesture by some famous fans...then it all made sense at the banquet....