first of all i agree with you about the goose bumps. i agree about the difficulty. but john i know you. we hung together and i knew you wouldn't have the party. i knew there would be a reason why. i don't care but please.......don't make excuses. now i like the past to but let's not live in it. it's 2007. 72 was a very good year. but lets move on. say hi to kevin & shel. peace bro
Well let me say I'm really not stuck in the past, my remarks were geared towards this years DCA, there were many great corps since 1972 such as 95 CABS, 97 and 98 ES, 99-2001 BRIGS, and many others that put on fantastic show's that were as entertaining as 1972 but like I said for the ENTIRE top 10 no other final's has ever matched 1972. As far as your remarks about excuses, my wife was hit by a DWI driver who' was also convicted of 3rd degree assault and sent to jail because of the injuries she suffered and she was out of work and under doctor's care for 10 months, also my wifes mother had a serious fall this year and broke her hip in 3 places and fractured hers pelvis and shoulder and my wife and I are her 24hr. care givers at my house, so take your "excuses" remark and shove it.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let me say I'm really not stuck in the past, my remarks were geared towards this years DCA, there were many great corps since 1972 such as 95 CABS, 97 and 98 ES, 99-2001 BRIGS, and many others that put on fantastic show's that were as entertaining as 1972 but like I said for the ENTIRE top 10 no other final's has ever matched 1972. As far as your remarks about excuses, my wife was hit by a DWI driver who' was also convicted of 3rd degree assault and sent to jail because of the injuries she suffered and she was out of work and under doctor's care for 10 months, also my wifes mother had a serious fall this year and broke her hip in 3 places and fractured hers pelvis and shoulder and my wife and I are her 24hr. care givers at my house, so take your "excuses" remark and shove it.

what ever dude but you still always made excuses. and you know what i never did think you knew what you were talking about. shove that

now your getting a little out of hand with your personal remarks and if you know me like you say you do than you also know anytime or any where you want to dicuss this your remarks at a more personal level i'm more tham willing, and by the way when did we EVER hang out and with what corps? you can't just keep this about 1972 always want a problem now you have one, but lets take it off DCP and and settle this betwen us, if your man enough.

now your getting a little out of hand with your personal remarks and if you know me like you say you do than you also know anytime or any where you want to dicuss this your remarks at a more personal level i'm more tham willing, and by the way when did we EVER hang out and with what corps? you can't just keep this about 1972 always want a problem now you have one, but lets take it off DCP and and settle this betwen us, if your man enough.

we marche d with cru.72,75-77. dude you started with the nasty . i have no problems and i live in florida . if you know me i never backed away from anyone. look at my name. you know who i am. unless i have you confused with someone else we know each other. did you not hang with kevin & shel shea?? we used to be at thier house every weekend. ronny & his wife? if it's not you then i made a mistake. but please don't threaten me. it ain't cool. sorry about your family. i know how hard that stuff can be.

don incardona

we marche d with cru.72,75-77. dude you started with the nasty . i have no problems and i live in florida . if you know me i never backed away from anyone. look at my name. you know who i am. unless i have you confused with someone else we know each other. did you not hang with kevin & shel shea?? we used to be at thier house every weekend. ronny & his wife? if it's not you then i made a mistake. but please don't threaten me. it ain't cool. sorry about your family. i know how hard that stuff can be.

don incardona

would you be eddie reese???

Guys,

Take it easy. We ALL enjoyed '72, one of the best of my DC life. I know reliving it (from a Cru standpoint) can have some real "highs" as well as some really bad "lows"

But c'mon, stuff in the past is just that, in the past. Remember the good.... and the missteps, mistakes of the past, ............

And Don you are WAAAY too young to be living in Ft. Myers.

E

Guys,

Take it easy. We ALL enjoyed '72, one of the best of my DC life. I know reliving it (from a Cru standpoint) can have some real "highs" as well as some really bad "lows"

But c'mon, stuff in the past is just that, in the past. Remember the good.... and the missteps, mistakes of the past, ............

E

i've been her for 20 years. i couldn't take the cold and snow. i was talking to the coach and he told me you live in florida to. he couldn't remember where.

life is to short to live in the past. i live in 2007. to bad some can't get out of 72.

QUOTE(NYSkyliner @ Sep 10 2007, 04:34 PM)

Could you please show the quote where I say the you "significantly watered down your book"?

It was during their Chicago tour that the Cabs watered down their drum show. During the entire year their drum book was a VERY difficult one and they didn't have the horses the execute such a demanding book. As well, all year long they were receiving top GE drum marks which such a demanding drum book could very well call for and if it were executed properly they would have been receiving top overall drum marks all year and finishing higher in the standings all year long. When they got to Schenectady and performed with their watered down drum book their execution drum mark was raised substantially but with the watered down drum book their GE drum mark should have gone down as their "new" drum book didn't deserve the same GE marks that it had been getting earlier that year. All that the GE drum judge knew is that they had been getting high GE drum marks all year long and gave them the same GE marks for the Schenectady show. Thus is how the (once again) drum judging was crucial in the defeat of a GREAT Skyliner Drum Corps. The watering down of a show is a tactic that has been used for decades. If you write a book that is above the heads of the talent you have and you want to win, you've got to do something that will be in your best interest to win, and that is what occurred.

Could you point out exactly where the word "SIGNIFICANTLY" is again Mike?

This quote from you at least implies that, IMO....and I guess Jim's as well....

Well naturally. Both of you were music majors, not english majors and obviously you skipped the reading comprehension lecture.

BTW...why would simplifying a book, even if that was done, automatically lower their GE score? It might have been more musical and fit the show better, and if better performed the arranger's original ideas could come across better as well.

I think that hand to hand flams would get a higher GE score that a 4 count 2 stroke roll, but that's just silly ole me.

Demand does not equate to GE in and of itself. Never has.

But in certain situations it most definitely does.

Oh, and I have a degree from a University too....Seton Hall. :P

Really? I have a cousin who got his degree from there. His brother-in-law was vice president of the Alumni Association and the one who set up the transportation for those students, family and friends who traveled west for the NCAA tourney when you made it to finals.

Guys,

E

Thanks Eddy for a little control here and Don I won't make a threat to you or anyone else but I NEVER back down when someone gets personal, not now not ever,and by the way after 72' I was with PHOENIX not CRU. and also let me say one of the reason's drum corps is so special to many of us who marched ALOT of years are those memories. When I get together with people I've played with and against we have some not down drag out arguments about who was better than or now but we never make it personal. My respect for getlemen like Ed Reese and his knowledge and experience in this activity goes without question, just as does for all the others here on DCP who have earned the right to give ther opiion. By the way was was 77 your last year of compitition? Just wondering because mine was 2002.