San Antonio Crossmen

Oh, and how about being in Pittsburg, or Harrisburg, PA - Dover or Willmington, Del. - Baltimore, MD - Richmond, VA . Were any of those locationas even considered?

Sure hope it helps the Jersey Surf.

But, I am sure as can be know, it will not help Revolution. But but what the heck. they are "Just" a Div II/III Corps. They will have to make do I guess. (bet they were not consolted, or given a heads up, in any way)

Oh well, good for them. Hope it all works out good for them.

The Corps DID have other possible options......rumors in both Pa. and Va....both would have allowed the corps to maintain it's identity as an Eastern corps and would have been viable for returning members. An Eastern possibility would have definitely happened if time was given. Now, few, if any, members will return, from what I am hearing. The Crossmen had many members within a 6 hour drive and they were average kids from average households...for many, flying to Texas is not an option.

GB

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a true BONES person you will travel anywhere to be with your loyalities.

that is the worst thing i have EVER heard. why dont you think before you post something. basically youre telling me that when i couldnt march a year with my corps it was bc i didnt care?! some people just dont have the financing to travel that far so dont you DARE put down those members that may be heartbroken bc they cant travel. just so you know, im friends with a crossmen girl and she was in tears bc she cant possibly afford to travel that far. so why dont you look her in her face and tell her she must not care enough to stay with her loyalties. <**> <**> <**> <**> <**>

that is the worst thing i have EVER heard. why dont you think before you post something. basically youre telling me that when i couldnt march a year with my corps it was bc i didnt care?! some people just dont have the financing to travel that far so dont you DARE put down those members that may be heartbroken bc they cant travel. just so you know, im friends with a crossmen girl and she was in tears bc she cant possibly afford to travel that far. so why dont you look her in her face and tell her she must not care enough to stay with her loyalties. <**> <**> <**> <**> <**>

amen bro

So... several years ago the Boston Crusaders essentially moved their operations to Florida. Not the office, but rehearsals... right?

Today, other than their name and alumni base, little about the Boston Crusaders is about Boston.

How does this move for Bones compare?

It doesn't compare. When Boston took on the Florida contingent, they were having major recruiting problems. Some staff were from Florida, recruited heavily there, got many talented kids from Fla. to give it a go, and they made it in, with more Fla. kids then Northern kids. The Fla. connection has been solid ever since. They have worked out the whole northeast/Florida logistics, and made it work. They still have a base in Boston, and I believe some kids go there for tryouts and I believe some rehearsals (at least they did). The Crossmen will not have a NE base at all. Everything will be in Texas. Their identity as an eastern corps is done. The average Crossmen member from the Northeast will not be able fiscally to go to Texas. How it works out in Texas is a big question mark. I do think the corps could have survived in the east and eventually rebounded...they have just been very young the past few years, and there have been staff/administration changes as well.

GB

exactly what he said !!

i talked with a friend tonite who said that the best thing that has ever happened to her was taken away today. I'd like to see you tell her about loyalty. <_<

Edited by Stevelh83

I guess I just see this as an inexpensive way for the Cadets to extend their talent pool more extensively into Texas. When it all comes out next year, I would be interested in seeing how many from Texas march Cadets, and how many finish up marching Crossmen next year. After that, a correlation study done longitudinally would show whether or not there is any meat to this old theory.

Elmo Blatch

Removed out of respect for Crossmen alumni, members, and voluteers...

Edited by SCVsopAaron

Removed out of respect for Crossmen alumni, members, and voluteers...

Edited by SCVsopAaron

If Texas really is the epicenter of the marching band world, as we're often led to believe, then there should be untold millions of kids lining up to audition for both corps.

I think that's why Santa Clara, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Blue Devils, Glassmen, Madison Scouts, and Cavaliers are

ALL holding auditions in Texas. Cavaliers twice!

I guess I just see this as an inexpensive way for the Cadets to extend their talent pool more extensively into Texas. When it all comes out next year, I would be interested in seeing how many from Texas march Cadets, and how many finish up marching Crossmen next year. After that, a correlation study done longitudinally would show whether or not there is any meat to this old theory.

Elmo Blatch

you're kidding right?