San Antonio Crossmen

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely ever post here on DCP and try to be as secretive as possible about being in a corps because I don't want anything about the corps to get bashed but now I think it's ok to allow this one post. I AM a member the Crossmen, have been for 4 years. This upcoming year is my ageout. As a member, who no matter what #### or high water comes, I swore I would ageout with a cross on my chest. I fully intend to do that. I have been around since 2003 and have experienced a wide variety of things. But the things I am most proud of are the traditions. I know we are now from San Antonio but we will always be that rough and tough group of kids from philadelphia. I will carry the traditions with me and help restore things that may have started to disappear over the years. However there is one thing I need to ask all of our fans and alumni: Give us all the support you got. Even if you hate the fact that we aren't on the east coast anymore we are still the Crossmen, that corps that was formed back in december of 1974. We will ALWAYS be that corps. Please just give us your hearts and your support. Old guys like me need all the help we can get.

Heck yeah.

I too am a member...well sort of. I had to take last year off due to school. And this year as well :( However, I age-out in 2008, and the ONLY corps I would want to age-out with is Bones. I'm real pumped to see how this whole thing works.

The membership right now has extremely mixed feelings, as a whole. Most of us are bummed out. Some of us are pretty happy. However, for the most part, it's all mixed.

If there's any current Crossmen out there now reading this (which you shouldn't be. You should be practicing :-D ), I beg you to come back. Now, I'm saying this, even though I can't come back...I have good reasons. Study abroad in Germany...sounds like fun...but I digress. Anyway, I know you're saying "I can't afford it." I took out a freaking $2000 loan in 2005 to march. I'm not saying you should do that (my credit rating is great though!), but what I'm saying is to figure it out. You've heard that soooo many times from the staff. Figure it out. There are tons of people who are willing to sponsor you. If you be proactive on it, then you should be fine.

And, if there's any Crossmen supporters out there reading this (which I'm assuming is the rest of the people), I hope that you can support Crossmen even though there are changes. Things change. It's all a part of life. I personally ask everyone, as a former member/soon to be current member again to give us your 100% support. We need it.

In the meantime, I wish Crossmen the best for this season. I'll be cheering them from 3000 miles away.

Removed out of respect for Crossmen alumni, members, and voluteers...

Edited by SCVsopAaron

Edited by SCVsopAaron

Edited by SCVsopAaron

I'm not sure if people understand that a move to San Antonio (or someone where else) was imperative to the very existence of the Crossmen organization.

San Antonio or no Crossmen, which would you rather have?

Count your blessings.

Edited by SCVsopAaron