How will the Crossmen move effect Raiders and Surf

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure how many kids will go to Surf/Raiders from the Crossmen, maybe none. In my opinion though, any member with drumcorps in their blood that can't make it to San Antonio should at least give the Surf a shot and check out the audition camp.

The Crossmen leaving the area will definately leave a void in DIV 1 area corps, no doubt. Many kids that are Crossmen material will have no desire to try out for The Cadets and will have a long way to travel to satisfy their drum corps jones. There is a corps vacuum that any local corps could take advantage of.

I would LOVE to see JS take a shot at DI, but it's probably $$$.

It would certainly be nice to see some people who may have marched Crossmen come to Raiders instead!

Good Luck to the Crossmen, I wish them the best. I am sure some local kids who would have marched Crossmen, but can not travel to Texas will check out the Raiders, Surf, Bucs, Cabs, Bush, etc. We have plans to grow and move to Div 2. We will continue to recruit and do our best to retain members in order to give more kids the experience of drum corps.

I would LOVE to see JS take a shot at DI, but it's probably $$$.

Having a semi/trailer, busses and a food truck they are probably the most equiped to do a full D1 tour.

Having a semi/trailer, busses and a food truck they are probably the most equiped to do a full D1 tour.

Don't most div 2 corps have a trailer, busses and a food truck? I know ECJ and Spartans do, and I'm pretty sure Academy does as well.

I'm pretty sure every Div. II has a trailer and most, if not all, have a food truck (or something similar in it's place).

Besides, don't most Div. I corps charter buses as opposed to having their own now?

Memphis has been doing pretty "full" tours without owning buses and for the first 2 years without owning a trailer or food truck (gotta love Penske...).

maybe some rookies that might of gone to crossmen will go to surf now, but i doubt any crossmen vets will march surf. some may go to cadets, but not too many. a few of my crossmen friends that ive talked to said they will prolly go check out the texas camps and make a decision from there.

I'm pretty sure every Div. II has a trailer and most, if not all, have a food truck (or something similar in it's place).

I believe Jersey Surf, Spartans, and Academy are the only ones