How will the Crossmen move effect Raiders and Surf

The effect will be minimal at best.

With the void of losing a crops in the Delaware valley how do you think it will effect recruiting for Raiders and Jersey Surf.

Will this give Surf the incentive to move to D1? (notice I didn;t say move up because both corps are class acts already)

Will Raiders make a run at the D2 crown?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Jersey Surf, Spartans, and Academy are the only ones

Impulse has it's own trailer, food truck, auxiliary truck & souvie booth.

In fact most west coast D2/3 corps have at least a trailer, not sure about the food truck though.

Good Luck to the Crossmen, I wish them the best. I am sure some local kids who would have marched Crossmen, but can not travel to Texas will check out the Raiders, Surf, Bucs, Cabs, Bush, etc. We have plans to grow and move to Div 2. We will continue to recruit and do our best to retain members in order to give more kids the experience of drum corps.

Heck, maybe life will allow you guys to finish the year with a drum major. :P

Heck, maybe life will allow you guys to finish the year with a drum major. :P

HA! Thanks!

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the Cadets, SCV, and BD own their own fleet of buses? I think personally, if Surf went D1 they would be one of the greatest success stories in a long time. Even though they have not been on top the past few years in D2, I think just the label itself as Div 1 would draw more people to the corps. The Crossmen move would also greatly improve the individual talent level of audition kids. They have a firm foundation in both legistical and interest aspects, with record turnouts to camps last year.

HA! Thanks!

On the other hand, ditch the drum major. You've done fine without one. Just make sure you have a cymbal line. :D

Jersey Surf and raiders have established themselves very strongly in the area of the north east, They're very financially stable with incredibly saavy directors and partners.

From what I've followed since I live on the East Coast, Jersey Surf probably has more people show up to their wintercamps than a lot of division 1 corps out there. They're building something incredible over there. Disregarding the scoring, and everything, they put out possibly one of the most solid Division II/III seasons.

On the other hand, ditch the drum major. You've done fine without one. Just make sure you have a cymbal line. :D

That's funny...I still can't believe Raiders marched without a drum major the past 2 years...Good luck to you guys next season.