Musicals never done before

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beauty and the beast-the BROADWAY version: laugh all you want, but it's great music!!

It IS great music. My high school did this musical my senior year, I was in the pit (even went to the Drama State Convention with the production). Yeah it is good music, too bad it's probably a lot of money to get arranging rights to Disney stuff.

Wicked for sure.

Maybe Godspell?

Blue Stars did O Bless The Lord in '76 , and several corps have done All For The Best through the years. I'd love a complete Godspell show though.

Very cool if I saw:

I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change

The Last Five Years

The Producers (There's always a suggestion that SCREAMS VK - imagine Springtime for Hitler)

Lion King (Djembes galore)

It'd be amusing to see a Div II/III corps take a stab at The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Jekyll & Hyde.

Carolina Crown '99

Pacific Crest '96

Another for me, is one that VK would fit into, Moulin Rouge, as that was a joke of a musical. no originality at all. <**>

Surf did Moulin Rouge this past summer.

As others have stated, Wicked would be an awsome choice. I've heard the rights to arrange are very hard if not impossible to get right now. Maybe after the money is made on Broadway they will diversify the franchise a bit and let bands or corps play it.

As others have stated, Wicked would be an awsome choice. I've heard the rights to arrange are very hard if not impossible to get right now. Maybe after the money is made on Broadway they will diversify the franchise a bit and let bands or corps play it.

I'm betting it'll be easier once the tour ends.

the obvious for me at least, RENT. I think Cadets would pull this one off greatly!

Didn't Crown play Seasons of Love (from Rent) in 1994?

Or is it posted further down in this thread, and I just haven't overcome my stream of consciousness style and lack of patience to read further????

:)