Bold predictions for the next 10 years

The corps of the future is based on total achievement. By that, I mean this. All members are proficient to some degree in brass, guard, and percussion allowing the staff full design freedom. Uniforms will disappear and be replaced by a black unitard with mutiple overlay, accessories, etc to meet the visual/thematic material.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All flags will be carried in holstered cups. Snares will be slung over the right shoulder (no harness) and Bass drummers will only be allowed to play with one stick (no tonals). Horns will all be valveless G's with maybe a slide......wait a minute......I'm going in the wrong direction. Ooops. :P

How about this? Look at how much more average person friendly DCI is trying to make it. With the ESPN and the movie theater deals, I think there is a decent bit of pressure to not so much inform the public but bring it down to the public's level. I don't think you will see many corps bend to this, but I do believe the audience impact won't be the goal as much as audience participation in the future.

Why BD and not Cadets? Maybe BD has been doing it longer...but arguably the Cadets changes are more drastic.

Yeah, but Cadets have used costume changes pretty ineffectively. The two-sided uniform worked pretty well in 2005, but the floral backs this year were ugly and used poorly.

Edited by TSRTS13

I certainly hope not

Part of me hopes that by then drum corps will have woodwinds, but then I think about the average bando woodwind player marching in the Blue Devils.....

<**> <**> <**> <**>

Intersting...but,

* The Championships will be held permanently at Indianapolis. Regional shows will be held in Orlando, Madison, Denver, San Antonio, and Allentown.

You forgot Atlanta. Attendance this year made DCI sit up & notice.

* Division I will include the present 24, plus, Kiwanis Kavaliers, VK, Bridgemen, Kilties, Revolution, East Coast Jazz, Arizona Academy, Sky Ryders, Oregon Crusaders, Jersey Surf, and Impulse.

You forgot the Troopers.