Worst Top 12 Uniform

Boston - always liked the uniform, but the silver was a great new touch. Makes them stand out sharp and crisp against the field. For some reason I recall this corps looking darker in 2000 and 2001?

Spirit - doesn't stand out for me. I like the choice of teal, but it looks drab against all that black. Pairing it with another color might bring out the character of the teal a little more.

Boston got new uniforms in 2002, that's why Matt. And I agree about Spirit.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston got new uniforms in 2002, that's why Matt.

Thanks! I was wondering why the 2001 corps always seemed so dark. I mean, it was a dark show and all, but my eyes couldn't be deceiving me that much. :worthy:

Thanks! I was wondering why the 2001 corps always seemed so dark. I mean, it was a dark show and all, but my eyes couldn't be deceiving me that much. :worthy:

Yeah, the old uniforms were a lot similar to what the Cadets used to have (meaning they were inefficient, frumpy, and being held together by clothes pins). Thank god for the change.

Cavies - Excellent uniform.

Regiment - The white uniform works, especially with black accents. The magic stuff (baldric changes, magic capes, kabuki pocket) are nice touches.

Madison - Go back to the uniform you have been using (late 80's-early 00's). It was one of the best unis in DCI.

SCV - I prefer the late 80's-early 90's style with the lengthier top. NEVER EVER EVER EVER CHANGE THE HAT!

Crown - I love this uniform. Makes me miss Star a lot less when I see them. Cream and purple really give this corps a nice finished image.

Cadets - Go back to what you wear best. Leave the freaky stuff to the color guard.

Blue Devils - What happened? You had such a great look the first part of this decade and now you look like you're wearing tracksuits.

Bluecoats - Love it love it love it!

Glassmen - They are the rare exception when it comes to uniform changes. Each one is an intriguing choice.

Blue Knights - Unis are too dark. Need some lighter accents to show the drill better.

Boston - Nice old school uniforms. Gives the corps a good intimidating look.

Spirit - Good design of uniform, but I would like to see more visual punch with the uniform.

Dunno if BK's were designed originally for them, but now that sooo many bands use that uniform (plus one more corps, Div II I think. forget the name offhand), it's become stale looking IMO.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely hate Phantom's unis. I think they just look... cheap... up close.

Loved the black ones, though I never saw them up close in person.

I'm ok with Madison's after seeing them enough times, but I think I prefer the 03 look overall.

Crown's unis + anybody who isn't incredibly tan = unflattering.

I absolutely love the new BD look and have always loved the Cavalier uniforms. Two best in my book. SCV's are ok, but I thought the 97-01 ones were the deal.

No comment for Bluecoats due to extreme bias. :)

This is coming from an old school drum corps guy so this subject hits a bit close to home.

There was a time when you can look at any corps from any distance and in subduded light and in the fog and know who they are. Cadets used the exact uniform that the West Point Cadets used. Devils had the Split Bolero Jacket and tux shirt, Madison had the "Scout" uni. SCV was unique in theirown right! Each corps had their own identity!

All the uniforms now are all carbon copies of each other in one form or another. Change of color here, a plum there. You look at a silhouette of any given corps and I bet you can't tell who they are. Is it Phantom or is it Bluecoats. Is it Crossmen or Madison. Cadets, Boston, and BK essentially all ware the same uni in different configurations!

Thats what happenes when an entire circuit relies on the same manufacture to produce everyone's identity! FJM!! Not a bad choice but they change very little from one corps to the next. At most you recognize a color of a uni or the specific pattern which was used onthe front to determine one corps from the next!

Don't get me wrong! They give a very good body line, They are sharpe but, they are all the same no matter how many configurations you put them in.

To answer the original point of the thread. I think they are all hidious! Bring back a happy medium of the past in their look and I would be stunned! What there is now just doesn't do for me anymore!

This is coming from an old school drum corps guy so this subject hits a bit close to home.

There was a time when you can look at any corps from any distance and in subduded light and in the fog and know who they are. Cadets used the exact uniform that the West Point Cadets used. Devils had the Split Bolero Jacket and tux shirt, Madison had the "Scout" uni. SCV was unique in theirown right! Each corps had their own identity!

All the uniforms now are all carbon copies of each other in one form or another. Change of color here, a plum there. You look at a silhouette of any given corps and I bet you can't tell who they are. Is it Phantom or is it Bluecoats. Is it Crossmen or Madison. Cadets, Boston, and BK essentially all ware the same uni in different configurations!

Thats what happenes when an entire circuit relies on the same manufacture to produce everyone's identity! FJM!! Not a bad choice but they change very little from one corps to the next. At most you recognize a color of a uni or the specific pattern which was used onthe front to determine one corps from the next!

Don't get me wrong! They give a very good body line, They are sharpe but, they are all the same no matter how many configurations you put them in.

To answer the original point of the thread. I think they are all hidious! Bring back a happy medium of the past in their look and I would be stunned! What there is now just doesn't do for me anymore!

FJM is not the only uniform company out there, you forget Stanbury

I think we've been over this, but it's worth reiterating, I suppose. Someone once posted a picture of a ton of old corps uniforms, and guess what? They all looked like carbon copies of each other. You either had a cadet-style uniform or a satin blouse, though, just like today, there were exceptions. The difference is that you grew up in that era and were easily able to tell the corps apart. I did not grow up in that era, and would have a very difficult time telling many of the older corps apart from each other.

And how do the Cadets and Boston look like BK?