Worst Top 12 Uniform

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i HATE BD's new look (also drums)

also, the new Scouts uni's were a step down from their previous uni.

I would have to say the recent two-sided edition of the Cadets' uniforms. I like the front.....

WHATEVER..

Yes, god forbid anyone say they don't like Crown's uniforms. I'm not a big fan of Crown's uniforms, they aren't exactly slimming, the color doesn't look very good with people's skin tones, and I don't like the new PURPLE center plume. I really liked the side plumes that had in 04-05, but it's really no big deal though, it's just my opinion.

As far as this topic goes though.....Cadets. Just this year though.

Cadets! Go back to old school! I don't care if they use safety pins! Go back to it!!!!!!!!!!!! Those new ones look more BANDO than BANDS do in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cavies - Something about it strikes me as plain, but it's sticking with their corps identity so I don't mind it.

Phantom - I love the all-white. It really pops off the field.

Blue Devils - I like the shade of blue, but maybe there's too much of it? The jacket reminds me a lot of the previous jacket, but a very different shade of blue. I'm also not a big fan of the stripes.

Bluecoats - I love this uniform for some reason... it's plain, but not boring. Classy. I love white pants.

Cadets - Please, bring back the updated classic (2004).

SCV - I think the Red jacket/green pants combination is an eyesore. The red and white was a great look for them, but I understand their reasoning for change. With the old uniform there was a clear definition between the green and red (which was a white diagonal stripe). That was easy on the eyes, but the transition from red to green in this uniform is just... awkward.

Blue Knights - Too plain for me. Clean look, but just too plain.

Crown - One of my favorites. I love the cream color and the purple accents are great. I thought the side-plume was a unique feature and I was disappointed to see it go. Purple or white plumes, doesn't matter, great, simple and classy uniform.

Madison - the previous uniforms were really starting to grow on me, especially when the fleur de lis was ONLY silver (2005). 2006's uniform isn't a favorite of mine. The problem with dark pants and white jackets is that upper bodies have to be perfect and people definitely stick out more.

Boston - Beautiful shade of red. It really just stands out. I liked the silver additions this year.

Glassmen - I'm not a big fan of the two-tone sleeves, but the shield accents are cool (yet sometimes tacky, a la 2005).

Spirit - Not bad, but not great either. Kinda simple. Maybe needs an update? Love the baby blue, though.

Cavaliers - classy, and perfect for their geometric shows. Yeah, I'm a Cavaliers fan, but this might be the best uniform going in DCI.

Phantom - I like the all-white a lot more than the all-black. A few accents wouldn't hurt, though; last year's show looked almost washed out.

Blue Devils - Loved the look before they switched a few years back. The stripe is too busy and keeps them from actually looking uniform.

Bluecoats - Love the look. I'm glad they shortened the plume, it looked like a mullet a few years back. I can understand where some might think it a drab look, though...

Cadets - It is what it is, when they aren't messing with it. Longest running uniform in DCI, as far as I know. Hard to comment, because it's impossible to imagine them in anything too different.

Santa Clara Vanguard - grew on me this year. I didn't care for last year, but this gives them a unique color combination that is disstinctly Santa Clara.

Blue Knights - As much as I love them, I'd like to see a better uniform. When you get down to it, this is nothing more than two colors slapped together. The only nod to any kind of design is the white "flap", but that looks more silly than stylish. I've seen better ideas even here on DCP, I'd love to see them switch, though not if the costs prohibit it.

Carolina Crown - love it, if for nothing else than that it's unique. If this was the norm in DCI I don't know that I care for it, but I love that they stand apart from the look of any other corps.

Madison Scouts - Loved the look from 2003-2005 more every year, but don't care for this new change. Of course they got keyed on visual, when you see the corps together, the upper bodies disappear against each other and all you see are legs. The white/dark combination, inverted from what other corps use, creates a terrible lack of distinction.

Boston - always liked the uniform, but the silver was a great new touch. Makes them stand out sharp and crisp against the field. For some reason I recall this corps looking darker in 2000 and 2001?

Glassmen - the "jacket" is too short, bring it down a little, so there's no longer the two contrasting tones on the sleeves. It's a gimmick that didn't work. Other than that, I love the shart line across the check, and the "triforce'' is a great looking logo to sport.

Spirit - doesn't stand out for me. I like the choice of teal, but it looks drab against all that black. Pairing it with another color might bring out the character of the teal a little more.