Why Not?!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soda, like anything else in this world, is fine if used appropriately and with common sense.

rehearsals, why would you want to?

after? why not? drink whatever you want but be prepared for the next day.

we were never told we couldnt have it either.

yeah, exactly... after drinking pop id make sure i had even more water later to make up for whatever effect the caffeine mightve had. and... i didnt drink it in the hottest days.. like Oklahoma and kansas.. but otherwise, had it after shows all the time.

it all boils down to being smart about it. a can of pop isnt bad here or there... chugging a 2 liter is going to make your next day suck.

there are corps who tell members what they can and cannot eat/drink?

weird.

Nothing weird about it. In most corps' it's SOP......sorry....."Standard operating proceedure".

I have more respect for my leaders now, thanks leaders for giving up your vacations for us.

A lot of corps don't have rules against soda (mine doesn't . . . I drank some every now and then this summer, like on free days)

But it is terrible for you.

Nothing weird about it. In most corps' it's SOP......sorry....."Standard operating proceedure".

Where is it standard operating procedure?

I've never heard of a rule saying you couldn't drink soda if you wanted to.

If you're old enough to tour the country without your mommy and daddy you're old enough to decide what you should and should not have to drink.

Where is it standard operating procedure?

I've never heard of a rule saying you couldn't drink soda if you wanted to.

If you're old enough to tour the country without your mommy and daddy you're old enough to decide what you should and should not have to drink.

Cigarettes are legal too, but not advisable.

what happens when you shake up a soda and then open it? Now take that same image, but instead of a soda can you have yourself. Drinking soda then marching for hours on end can cause gas to build up inside of you, making it difficult to properly do what you need to do on the field...IMO

It was a great money maker, can for a buck. Packs of cigarettes would go for $2.

Boy, times sure have changed.

When I was in drum corps we had this exact conversation about beer.