Surreal Moments in DCI

List some moments that you consider almost surreal because of cleanliness, texture, design etc... anything...

1998 The Cadets - Company front enough said

2002 The Cavaliers - Frameworks, intonation during that ballad

2003 Blue Devils - The opening turn around fast note runs.

2006 Carolina Crown - The chord from the spookies.

The Ultima of them all 2005, The Cadets, Dreamscapes in Four Parts with a Door. Oh my god, I've never seen an overal package that clean at finals night

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ultima of them all 2005, The Cadets, Dreamscapes in Four Parts with a Door. Oh my god, I've never seen an overal package that clean at finals night

Mr. Tissue, this is Cavies 2002

b**bs Splooie! ... :huh:

Cavies 2002 this is Mr. Tissue

:laugh: ... You will be assimilated into BOA...blah...blah...vocals...blah....innovation...70s drum corps sucks

JK

^0^

Don't play.

I was rubbing my eyes watching that video after i came off tour. Rubbing my eyes cus, it was that clean.

2002 Cavaliers, no it wasn't the cleanest thing I've seen, the guard had quite a few drops finals night, it wasn't their strongest performance, a few phasing in the feet that became quite noticable.

2002 Cavaliers.

Not necessarily the "best" corps show I've ever seen, but definitely the most confident, and best executed drum corps spectacle I've ever seen...........and LIVE at DCI to boot!

List some moments that you consider almost surreal because of cleanliness, texture, design etc... anything...

1998 The Cadets - Company front enough said

2002 The Cavaliers - Frameworks, intonation during that ballad

2003 Blue Devils - The opening turn around fast note runs.

2006 Carolina Crown - The chord from the spookies.

'88 Scouts - THE High Mark Time Diagonal (In Guitar Concerto).

'88 Scouts - Turn and Present (360*) after Mello Solo in Malaguena.

'91 Regiment - Our Company Front Was Pretty Darn Straight.

'94 Cadets - Tenor Solo 1 & 2.

'95 Cavaliers - End of Mars.

Three that just immediately came to my mind

Cadets 2005- Mello lick near the peak of the ballad

Crown 2004- The final chord after the "Nothing really matters...."

Madison 1999- On "Crucifixion" right after the mallet run when the brass SLAMS YOU IN THE FACE WITH A WALL OF SOUND

1983 Garfield Cadets (the changing of the guard in drum corps). It made sense, but we didn't understand it at the same time. "The drill isn't the same on both sides...can they do that?"

1987 Garfield Cadets. Appalachian Spring. NOTHING MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID.

1988 Suncoast Sound. Symphonic Dances for the Contemporary Child. The first time I saw it, it made no sense, but I asked a member what the show was about...then bought a t shirt. Still have it...somewhere.

1993 STAR.....hot as ####

The whole show was just.......wow

There's more, but I can't type that much...

There are two moments of "convergence" that were at a show. One I experienced was on a practice field myself - but that's the trick isn't it. Put it on the field.

Anyhow, two major moments of transendance:

2000 The Cadets - Once they got through that opener half way, the magoc lasted the whole show.

2003 Phantom Regiment - The closer, from 8:00 on... that was far and away a "moment". It was a time when the sum really did exceed the parts. The resonance and emotion I haven't seen matched since - and frankly, I hope it is.

They were such a treat that to this day, when they play, the 2000 show just makes me smile, and the 03 show makes my neck hair stand up. And that's why I love drum corps.

Anyhow, two major moments of transendance:

2000 The Cadets - Once they got through that opener half way, the magoc lasted the whole show.

2003 Phantom Regiment - The closer, from 8:00 on... that was far and away a "moment". It was a time when the sum really did exceed the parts. The resonance and emotion I haven't seen matched since - and frankly, I hope it is.

They were such a treat that to this day, when they play, the 2000 show just makes me smile, and the 03 show makes my neck hair stand up. And that's why I love drum corps.

w/Stp:, sans the stupid, of course.

Two incredible shows.

1985 Phantom Regiment - the greatest June thru August transformation ever, and Phantom's best show ever design wise.

1991 Star of Indiana - the most perfect brass performance ever. How this corps didn't win by 2 points is beyond me.

1992 Star of Indiana - see above!

1993 Star of Indiana - see above!