Wayne Dillon to head Crusaders Brass Program

Wayne Dillon to head Crusaders Brass program

Wayne Dillon will serve as the Brass Caption Head for the 2007 Boston Crusaders. A 12-year veteran of the DCI judging circuit, Mr. Dillon has served as Caption Head for The Cadets, and has also worked with Capital Regiment as Program Coordinator.

Tom Santino, in charge of the Crusaders' Brass program for much of the new millenium, will remain with the program as a consultant. "I have the utmost confidence that Wayne will continue to build on the tradition of excellence we have here with Boston," comments Santino.

This is a good addition to their staff. Hopefully Dillon will bring the brassline up to where the drumline was this year (and that was definitely a great drumline)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! All the best to Wayne. I met up with him at Chicago O'Hare, and marched under him .. definetly a really nice guy and very talented teacher.

This is a BIG loss for Capital Regiment.

Here's some more from the Crusader's web site:

Wayne Dillon will serve as Brass Caption Head in his first year with the Boston Crusaders. Wayne holds a Masters degree in jazz performance from the University of Miami (FL). He is currently the Director of Bands at the Upper Academy HS in Elizabeth NJ. Wayne is a former member of the Cadets brass staff, and served as the Brass Caption Head in 2002. Wayne also served as the Program Coordinator with the Capital Regiment drum and bugle corps. He has been a DCI adjudicator for twelve years, judging the finals twice. Wayne is currently a music judge for Bands of America, and will be judging the BOA Grand Nationals finals in Indianapolis in Nov. Wayne has also served as a music clinician in Canada, Europe and Japan. He has worked as a performing artist with Weril musical instruments. Wayne lives near Allentown PA with his wife Colleen, and their three children Shayna, Spencer and Lauren.

I can't believe you guys say so much about Wayne Dillon. He has such a big reputation. Makes me feel good to go to school at the Upper Academy in Elizabeth, NJ. :worthy: :P

If he is actually leaving CR, then yes, it would be a big loss, but I don't see anything here that would suggest that.

I don't know much about the guy, but it sounds like he's red hot, and wish him and BAC all the best.

If he is actually leaving CR, then yes, it would be a big loss, but I don't see anything here that would suggest that.

Wayne is no longer with Capital Regiment, and I know this for a fact in speaking directly with him.

Best of luck to the Boston Crusaders in 2007, what a bright future this corps holds!