Bigger Hornlines & Battery, Smaller Color Guard and Pit...

Didn't the Cavaliers march like, 80 brass? At least that's what they announced preseason, no?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

72 brass

10 snares

5 bass

5 tenors

9 pit

32 guard

2 d/m This in my opinion will put a corps back in perspective numerically, a couple of corps desperately need the 8 additional horns much more than they need 40 guard members

I think all horns should have flags and rifles attached to their unis, and they spin during breaks in the music....100 horns, 35 drums, and everyone does guard work.

perfect and we'll break down the brass:

20 trumpets

14 mellos

28 Bari euphs

and everyone left over picks up a contra...

seems like a stroke of genius..

72 brass

10 snares

5 bass

5 tenors

9 pit

32 guard

2 d/m This in my opinion will put a corps back in perspective numerically, a couple of corps desperately need the 8 additional horns much more than they need 40 guard members

Agree. Although 30 guard members would be enough as long as they actually performed with flags or rifles for 100% of the performance. Sabres or other auxilliary equipment are okay as long as they're big enough to see. I'm tired of the dancing and frou frou stuff without equipment that you can't really see anyway if you're sitting anywhere past the 10th row. The performers that have all that dance technique are amazing to watch when you can see them but they belong on a stage where the theatrical pieces can be truely appreciated. A football field is about big drill, big sound with lots of colour.

Give me 30 people who can toss and catch a flag/rifle in complete unison and equipment work that is designed to compliment the music. So much can be conveyed through use of design and colour in the flags.

kel

This is what I propose:

1 tambourine player

2 flutes

10 singers (on mics, of course)

15 prop hands

and the rest in guard

CRAP

I told Hop I wasnt going to share The Cadets 2007 show before he announced it.

No amplified kazoos? Loser.