Most Moving/Memoral Moment

for me it was seeing Kilties entire performance,....................... after the most tragic event I have ever witnessed at a drum corps show

Was thinking when the Kilties came back on the field when no one knew if they were going to do it or not. For those of you not there, the Kilties left in the middle of the show and the next corps eventually came on. Can't remember how it was announced but idea was Kilties would do their show later in the evening IF they decided to come back at all.

Was watching (forget which corps) leave the field and then look up and see the Kiltie horn line come down the 50 yard line toward the crowd. Few seconds of total silence, then some tenative applause like the crowd didn't know quite what to do, then the volume started. Have the Prelims recording at home, the crowd response from the first chord sends chills down your spine.

What happened that night hit our group really hard. During a 4th of July parade that year we lost a long time DM the same way. At Prelims it was the first time I can remember my wife my holding on to me, trying to give me support. Most moving for me personally was the day after we lost our DM. We had two other parades and played "You'll Never Walk Alone" in his memory and put black ribbons on our instruments before we started the first one. Doing "Never Walk" was harder than finishing the parade from the day before as the shock had worn off.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic