Most Moving/Memoral Moment

for me it was seeing Kilties entire performance,....................... after the most tragic event I have ever witnessed at a drum corps show

:blink:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ya know i forgot that one.

yeah that was emotional

I have several...

SCV 2000 Addagio For Strings was amazing to me. i dont know that i will ever feel that way again.

Standing in our drill set with Brigs in 04 backfield hearing our brass play "out of africa". Even from the backfield i had chills a mile high.

and some personal ones..

Standing on the parade deck at Marine Barracks 8th and I as one of 78 very lucky marines who had the honor of being the last to be led through "Battle Hymn of the Republic" by Colonel Truman W. Crawford.

Not exactly during a show, but the tribute to Mr. Bruni by the Brigs in 03 is quite haunting.

Mine was exactly 10 years earlier:

The tribute to Butch Anderson after Finals at DCAs, where every DM came up and hugged him - saying goodbye...

There wasn't a dry eye in the house...

Mine was exactly 10 years earlier:

The tribute to Butch Anderson after Finals at DCAs, where every DM came up and hugged him - saying goodbye...

There wasn't a dry eye in the house...

Much like at his memorial service in Troy, New York, a couple of weeks after his passing. But MY that was a LONG service...

Edited by K2SMA

I have several, but when all is said and done ? ....no contest, 1994, Foxboro, Mass. 27th Lancers alumni.

Oddly enough, my second place occured that night also as it was said " and in second place, with a score of 97.70........97.70.........The Cadets" .

The Blue Devils brought the trophy back to Ca. and ended the season untouched.

~G~

I have several moments and some are mentioned previously. In 1988, when SCV gets towards the end of their show, and hits the company front and turns up the volume another notch gets the tears to well up in my eyes. Also, when the Brigs turn to Empire and play their tribute to Mr B, you can just feel the emotion. As Fran mentioned before, the most emotional moment for me, was when the Kilties came back and competed in prelims last year after one of their own fell doing what he loved most. I know I will never forget that! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

DCA retreat, The Brigadiers playing to Empire in memory of Mr. Bruni in 2003.

"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"

Simply gorgeous. :blink: I'm getting chills now just thinking of it.

• 4 weeks later...
DCA retreat, The Brigadiers playing to Empire in memory of Mr. Bruni in 2003.

"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"

Simply gorgeous. :worthy: I'm getting chills now just thinking of it.

Here's another with the Brigs and Corps Vets playing "You Never Walk Alone"

for my good friend CJ (Clarence Johnson) TEARS IN MY EYES!

Edited by Fred Steiner Jr.

• 2 weeks later...
1977 Bridgeport show...my birthday...The SUNRISERS arced around my moms orange VW station wagon and sang "HAPPY BIRTHDAY".....MONOTONE AND AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE. Probable the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I hope I never forget it.

:sshh: I don't think any of us gave that a second thought, Sorry Gene :beer:

(as I'm sure you already know....your mom and dad are highly respected by ALL, not just the Sunrisers)

Tony B)

Edited by TennTux