Most Moving/Memoral Moment

What is the most thrilling thing you have witnessed in drum corps (Junior, All Age, Alumni, I&E or what ever)?

that moment that gives you goosebumps every time you think of it.

That ending where everyone falls down in exagerated exhaustion at the finale.

Or that opener of Georgia that blew the stands back 10 foot in 1980.

For me it's SCV's "E.R" @ 1979 DCI Championships.

SCV 1979 Emergency Re-entry Video 1:42

Edited by bariforhire

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the most thrilling thing you have witnessed in drum corps (Junior, All Age, Alumni, I&E or what ever)?

The day we memorialized our director. James J. Costello Jr. There were players from a lot of different drum corps that day. I got to stand with the like of Jim Gruber and play When the Saints come marching in and Don't cry for me Argentina. It was an incredible day. Could hardly...who am I kidding Couldn't keep the tears from flowing. That was a day I will never forget.

Mike Ryan

Cabs 1975-2007

Explain the "emergency" part, please.....I'm not getting it.

The Cross to Cross move. 1991. Manning Bowl. Lynn Mass. The first time Star put it out there. OMG the chills I got up in the stands watching it... I'll never forget it.

George Zingali's last great testament to his creative genius. The only thing better would to have seen him in person that night. But alas, that's one of my biggest regrets, that I didn't make the effort to see him in Revere before he passed on.

What I would have given to have marched that show. And the 1990 Star show for that matter.

Edited by SaraNYC

Not exactly during a show, but the tribute to Mr. Bruni by the Brigs in 03 is quite haunting.

Without a doubt it was Syracuse Brigadiers playing "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" at retreat a few years ago. I will publicly state that I had to try VERY hard from letting tears come streaming down my face. I cry watching Extreme Home Makeover most times. I stood at parade rest in the front line and had to start thinking of something else. It was the MOST beautiful piece of drum corps music I had heard. If you know me you will know that I was definitely NOT a Brigs fan but when they did that....I became a fan.

I am a CRUSADER through and through but there are Brigs, Statesmen and Heat Wave have me as a fan too.

I got goose bumps watching that THANK YOU!!!!!

The day we memorialized our director. James J. Costello Jr. There were players from a lot of different drum corps that day. I got to stand with the like of Jim Gruber and play When the Saints come marching in and Don't cry for me Argentina. It was an incredible day. Could hardly...who am I kidding Couldn't keep the tears from flowing. That was a day I will never forget.

Mike Ryan

Cabs 1975-2007

I was part of that with the Yankee Rebels that year and it was an emotional moment playing "Don't Cry for me Argentina". I am not a legend or anything but any time you are on the field playing with other corps for such an occasion, it's an incredible feeling.

Not exactly during a show, but the tribute to Mr. Bruni by the Brigs in 03 is quite haunting.

i still get chills every time i listen to that cd. :worthy:

for me personally ~ '94 retreat at Scranton, taking our black arm bands off and laying them in the front of the corps for a fallen member of the Hurcs hornline. :(

Not THE most memorable moment perhaps, but one of my personal favorites:

Kilties' first performance at DCA Championships.... 1997 DCA Prelims.

To put it mildly, the Kilts ROCKED J. Birney Crum Stadium that day.....full-stadium standing ovations after each song.

When they started their traditional version of their "Auld Lang Syne" finale that day, I got chills. Absolutely awesome moment.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring