2006 Finals

Finals  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Which show should have won?

• The Godfather: Part Blue
    • Faust
    • Machine

Cavies were cleaner than any one else on finals night and therefore won. Who had more demand and artistic merrit? Phantom did by a long shot, a true drum corps show that is about the music first and was not effect driven. I think if Devs had the rights to more of the music they might have come up with a better show. Lots of "knowledgable" fans out there that eat up the Cavies stuff, but they just can't seem to grasp the concept of what the hornline is being asked to do. Just not musically that hard...

That just shows that there are many different ideas of what makes up a "true drum corps show."

Whatever that is.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what is musically hard? Does music have to be hard to be good now?

Playing fast stuff when the drumline isn't behind the hornline.

i voted cavaliers.

having not seen all shows from the top I can't comment too much on their visual presentations. musically, i've enjoyed BD the most. cavies do amazing things, just not always "my" thing. phantom's music honestly didn't appeal to me very much (aside from the back half of the ballad). i dug BD's design, but it was obvious cavaliers executed at the highest level. having noted that i've probably seen less of phantom's show than the other two, i'd put BD 2nd.

my thoughts.

amazing year, that ol' 2006. :)

Oh okay.....but is that good music

I dunno but that's the hardest thing for most drum corps.

, i think that visually, phantom had a dirty show, however their music was amazing.

If Phantom's show was so dirty....how did it rate the highest visual performance score at quarterfinals?

I just don't get what some people qualify as clean....

If Phantom's show was so dirty....how did it rate the highest visual performance score at quarterfinals?

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I'm pretty sure your opinion is extremely biased... So of all the people to judge your (Phantom's) show, impartial fans probably know best. But it's ok... continue your crusade to prove that Phantom is superior to all corps.

2nd place.

Edited by TSRTS13

Phantom's show wasnt dirty, it was easy...big difference, but they performed it well :unsure: anyways Cavaliers did deserve to win...even though i didnt really like there show, but as an overall package it was very well put together and the drill complimented the music very effectively and the execution was clearly the best on finals night. easy question to answer