Replacing a Legend

I've always compared Crocker to Rod Roddy, I don't know who will replace him but whenever he is replaced it will take some time to adjust but people will move on

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't use the guy who did the Div II/III Grnad Finals....UGH!

It's comforting to me when I think of Brandt's voice. It just felt like an important voice, and I don't believe anyone can actually take his place.

People can be replaced, however that does not mean the next "voice" will give people the same feeling.

He's a legend, his replacement will need to give the same emotion or whatever it is that fills us up or gives us that special feeling when he says "Is the corps ready?"

I wonder if he realizes how valuable he is to so many people? I'd love for him to read some of the threads about him. I guess each member and fan takes something different from him, but I feel at home and comforted in some way everytime I hear him! :unsure::blink:

It's comforting to me when I think of Brandt's voice. It just felt like an important voice, and I don't believe anyone can actually take his place.

People can be replaced, however that does not mean the next "voice" will give people the same feeling.

He's a legend, his replacement will need to give the same emotion or whatever it is that fills us up or gives us that special feeling when he says "Is the corps ready?"

I wonder if he realizes how valuable he is to so many people? I'd love for him to read some of the threads about him. I guess each member and fan takes something different from him, but I feel at home and comforted in some way everytime I hear him! :unsure::blink:

:rock::blink::rock::blink::rock::worthy:

I just got chills thinking about hearing his voice from the field. I dont really get too nervous on the field anymore, but i always get chills when i hear "Drum major...... Is your corps ready?"

You can't tell me you don't get goosebumps every time you listen to a finals recording and hear Brandt Crocker announce "On the field....". The man's voice is legendary, and is pretty much associated with Drum Corps International. He's been around since the birth of DCI, and adored by many, but the guy's gotta retire sometime. How do you think you would go about replacing him? Who do you think would fill his shoes?

Uh, Brandt isn't that old. He was quite young when he started announcing the big show in 1972. He still has a lot of years left and I expect he'll retire only when he's laid to rest.

When it's time, someone will step in and become the new "Voice of DCI," and to generations of fans, that person will be whom they think of when they think of the DCI announcer. Someone will replace Dan, someone will one day replace me. And NO, I'm not retiring, so you can't have my job, either...until I don't have anything to say about it.