Replacing a Legend

THE VOICE OF BOA!!! CHUCK HENSON!!!!!!

I'd be for that. Chuck's flawless and enthusiastic, not to mention a really nice person.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

john madden

he could even give the play by play for those watching div I finals on espn. complete with his magic marker and etch a sketch.

:P I can see it now on ESPN... "Now what they have to do here is play their horns. They absolutely have to hit those notes. And then theres the colorguard they have to catch their flags...thats how you do drum corps"

Thank you John Madden for providing us with the obvious

James Earl Jones!

or better yet, Samuel L Jackson, On the mother f**king field, from mother f**king Canton, Ohio, THE MOTHER F**KING BLUECOATS!!!!

wow.. that would be creepy

Edited by Vanguard07

I've always compared Crocker to Rod Roddy

And remember...... Rod Roddy himself took over from a legend.... Johnny Olson. Johnny was the guy who originated the "Come on down!!!!!" on the Price is Right.

Back in the day, living legend Wes Hobby announced the 1982 DCA championships (as well as various other DCA championships), and was the announcer for pretty much any "big-time" show..... all-age or junior..... for many years before DCI came on the scene. I believe he was the first "voice" of the DCI East show in Allentown in the 1970's.

My last year marching was 1982. To hear Wes' voice announce us (Sunrisers) as the DCA champs that year......awesome. I can easily relate to today's junior-corps marchers who get chills when they hear Brandt Crocker's voice. That has got to be cool!

In 1983, some guy from New Jersey....now lives in Baltimore (can't recall his name off the top of my head) got the DCA job (somehow!!) and has been there ever since..... and also does various other shows, all-age and junior.

No one can replace a legend like Brandt... he is absolutely outstanding, a pleasure to listen to....the true Voice of DCI.

But life does go on in our little corner of the universe.

Fran

(big "Price is Right" fan)