Now that the CDs have been out for some time...

184 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2006 show do you listen to the most?

• Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Blue Knights
    • Carolina Crown
    • Madison Scouts
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Glassmen
    • Spirit

I agree. The first time I listened to the finals track I realized that this is a classic Vanguard show along the lines of '89, '99, '00, and '04.

What do you mean classic? As in this show will be remembered for a long time? Because only 99 and 00 are in the same show design catagory.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Blue Devils- I can't even describe how much I love this show. I don't think the movie could have been portrayed any better into the show. the score is phenomenal, and the reprise was so great, especially when they held out the first three notes.

2. Phantom Regiment- the climax of the ballad is amazing, and its nothing short of that. listening to the echo of that note is orgasmic.

3. Carolina Crown- Their balance is mind boggling

i also liked SCV and scouts

First post on DCP. Love the site and thought this was a good topic for my first post.

1. Crown-Wow what a horn line. There sound is so full and it is what I let my friends listen to when I explain what Drum Corps is. You can hear obvious flaws in the drumline, and it makes you wonder how much higher they would have placed with a Drum line like Phantom, BD, Cadets, Cavies...etc. I love this show and It was great in person in Madison.

2. Blue Coats- Another amazing hornline. Love there music and arraingments. Drumline is solid. Very nice music.

3. Santa Clara-This music is just so well put together. Love it.

4. Devils-Silly good drum line. From a guy who never marched DCI, but played in high school, It hard to believe there was a better drum line in 06. Great horns.

5. Phantom, because its loud. b**bs

For me, it's (1= most listened to, 12 = least listened to):

1. BK

2. Crown

3. Phantom

4. Cavies

5. Glassmen

6. SCV

7. Madison

8. Bluecoats

9. Spirit

10. BD

11. BAC

12. Cadets

1 through 8 get the most play.

I actually just got my CD's recently and just started to listening to all the shows. Cavies dont really do much for me without the drill. Phantom sounds to blatty...although the music that is written is well, and the ballad is beautifully 'written'. Blue Devils have some good music, like the opening hit is sweet, easy music to open up on so it should be loud, and the lead trumpets are def. not the same quality they used to have... it stinks Scott Dean had to age out :P Bluecoats have a great show selection and entertaining stuff. Cadets probably are the ones i listen to the most right now, only one (IMO) with really hard music that sounds good...they may not appear to play as much (time duration) as some other corps, but they sure do play more notes...their opener is sick with moving lines. SCV had a sweet music book, but its more entertaining with the drill!!! havent really bothered with the rest yet.

You my friend could not be more correct about The Cadets and the difficulty of their music. I would even go as far to say that in comparison they make BD, Cavies and even Phantom's horn book sound simple. It is extremely evident when you listen to any one of the corp's shows I mentioned and then listen to The Cadets. If I were some of the other corps, I think I couldn't help but feel a little bothered by the fact that my music book wouldn't really compare to The Cadets in terms of difficulty.

But then again......The Cadets have historically played the most difficult books in DCI. Maybe people just don't care about difficulty any more. I know execution is of vast importance, but let's be honest here......The Cadets executed very well this year. I think their hornline got beat by the Bluecoats.........what a shame. I love the Bluecoats, but their hornline basically plays chords the entire show; very little truly difficult phrases and difficult rhythmic articulation in the hornline.

Edited by SCdrumcorpsfan

1. Phantom (betcha can't listen just once!)

2. Vanguard

3. Blue Devils

4. Crown

5. Bluecoats.

6. Cavaliers (loved the show, but the music doesn't stand alone, and hasn't for quite some time).