Division II/III Traditions

Ok people - Weigh in!

Every corps have some funny traditions.. some last a year or two, and others stay with the corps...

Post yours here

Here's one from where I marched in '05..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmsmMH0xyN4

To pay tribute to it's all girls roots, St. Johns had a couple of feminine traditions during the season.

For the Canadian Open, the boys in the corps would wear bras under their uniform t-shirt at finals. Also, the day before prelims there was a "dress" rehearsal.

Not sure if the corps does it now or not, but when I marched, Yamato brass folks used to switch instruments during retreats. I usually ended up on contra.

Not sure if the corps does it now or not,....

With no more retreats, I would say they don't. :rolleyes:

Not sure if the corps does it now or not, but when I marched, Yamato brass folks used to switch instruments during retreats. I usually ended up on contra.

Y'know, I did that in Glassmen, switched with a contra player, in 1995 for Finals retreat. Turns out that was my last DCI retreat as I aged out in 13th place in '96 so I've really regretted that ever since.

at finals retreats, the bassline would leave an F made out of our show socks on the center X after groups started leaving.

also, we (whole corps) always listen to the corps song on the way to the show site. previously, the horn bus would play "Wonderboy" by Tenacious D as well, and since we only had one bus this year, we ALL listened to it...."Won't you taaaakkkeee me far awaaayyyy from the monkey muck....."

at finals retreats, the bassline would leave an F made out of our show socks on the center X after groups started leaving.

also, we (whole corps) always listen to the corps song on the way to the show site. previously, the horn bus would play "Wonderboy" by Tenacious D as well, and since we only had one bus this year, we ALL listened to it...."Won't you taaaakkkeee me far awaaayyyy from the monkey muck....."

Fever has the power...to move you.

I don't know if it's a tradition really (or a funny one at that), but for the last 2 years the Memphis Sound hornline has arched up in front of our souvie booth immediately after Grand Finals retreat to play the corps song, "Can't Help (Falling In Love With You)". After that, the hornline plays it for staff/members back at the trailer one last time.

I don't know if it's a tradition really (or a funny one at that), but for the last 2 years the Memphis Sound hornline has arched up in front of our souvie booth immediately after Grand Finals retreat to play the corps song, "Can't Help (Falling In Love With You)". After that, the hornline plays it for staff/members back at the trailer one last time.

This is definately a keeper.