Your ideas for the New York Skyliners

Maybe Sky should do an Cartoon Network/Adult Swim/Toonami show. :D

Drum solo could be Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.

Actually, if you've ever listened to the opening credits of some of the Nickelodeon cartoons (the ones written by Mark Mothersbaugh (sp?), you would absolutely go crazy. It's a good selection of music, even though where it came from is, need I say...elementary. lol

Barbara

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow can you feel the love.

It's so nice to see all the wonderful support from all, including our competitors.

Keep those cards and letters coming!!

Sky 2007 will be an exciting place to be.

Agreed!! Never saw the corps in their heyday but I know people who were there and it would be a great thing to see them reach and/or exceed the level at which they once were.

"Garbarina In Their Heyday":

Yes indeed. A GREAT corps with a GREAT sound. "Imatated but NEVER duplicated" could be the motto for that era. The seasons of 1963, 1966, 1971 and 1975 are particularly memorable.

Hy Drietzer, :laugh: who, IMHO is the GREATEST drum corps for "Senior Corps" arranger to ever put pen to paper (And an outspoken advocate for G BUGLES by the way) created the "New York Sound" with players such as himself (On French Horn), Tommy Martin, Harry Hazelwoood, George Rodriguez, "Pepe" Nataro, "Pee Wee" Tadaro, Jimmy DiAmico, Ruben Ariola, and a regiment of other great HORNPLAYERS.

That drumline wasn't too shabby either with Wes Meyers, Danny Raymond, Eric Periloux and several other stickmen writting teriffic accompiaments to Hy's charts.

Go for it Garbarina.

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

Godfather .

That didnt work so hot for BD!

It's been Tuesday for 9 hours and 8 minutes, eastern time. What's the scoop?

What are you guys doing? Who's doing what? Don't hold back. :laugh:

Well, I'm on my way to the living room and then prolly moving some stuff to my new apartment and looking for my horn so I can clean it up. :P

>Can't go wrong with Slaughter, Dreamgirls, New York State of Mind, Rainmaker, Traffic Jam, Elks Parade & the Signature.<

All good choices indeed. Don't forget Charlie Welch from 1966 as well. And throw in a little Alabama Jubilee. That one always worked for Sky. Again, nice stuff, but you take a chance re-hashing the old stuff unless you can come up with a new twist on it. The classics are just that and I tend to think the current day judge would rather bark, "What have you done for me lately".

Just MHO.

Many of us here on DCP are show designers, band directors, and/or alumni of the Skyliners or other various drum corps, and most of us have seen the New York Skyliners over many years of DCA competition.

Here is a serious question for you (please save wacky jokes for another thread).

If you could pick music or a show theme for the New York Skyliners -- what would it be?

It doesn't matter what corps you are with right now, or where you marched before -- any and all input is good.

Heres an idea-a show based on the Blues Bros. Some interesting skits could be done, alot of fun, alot of great music opportunities. (imagine the whole corps sneaking onto the field to minnie the moocher dressed in those suits & glasses) :laugh:

Edited by BennyBassDrum