Your ideas for the New York Skyliners

Gotta throw the Signature in the show. It means so much to everyone ^0^ ^0^ :huh:

Which Signature? Porgy and Bess? NY NY? Name the decade - there was a new one each period. If you're talking late '70s to late 80's then Im guessing you mean NY NY.

Personally- if Skyliners are remaking themselves, I'd like to see a total remake. If they do any old music, it would just force people to compare this corps to earlier versions of the corps. I could hear the critics now..."it sounded better back in 81"

Let the Skyliners go where they need to.

I can understand its like giving your son the keys to the buick. It was your first car - the best one. It's difficult to let him go without some rules from his old man; keep it waxed, only use Harry's gas, change the oil at 3000 miles on the button...etc...

He'll take care of it. It's his first car. Trust him and he'll make you proud.

Good luck Sky...

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of good material on many animes. Just get any OVA soundtrack.

Except for Evangelion. That lounge version of Fly Me To The Moon would fit into any elevator sound system. :D

LOL, I heard the CB intro Tank! (there is an "!" in the title) the same time as I saw the anime.

Yeah, knew about the ! ($1 to SCV) but wasn't sure if having a period after an exclamation point would be grammatically correct. :P

Which Signature? Porgy and Bess? NY NY? Name the decade - there was a new one each period. If you're talking late '70s to late 80's then Im guessing you mean NY NY.

Personally- if Skyliners are remaking themselves, I'd like to see a total remake. If they do any old music, it would just force people to compare this corps to earlier versions of the corps. I could hear the critics now..."it sounded better back in 81"

Let the Skyliners go where they need to.

I can understand its like giving your son the keys to the buick. It was your first car - the best one. It's difficult to let him go without some rules from his old man; keep it waxed, only use Harry's gas, change the oil at 3000 miles on the button...etc...

He'll take care of it. It's his first car. Trust him and he'll make you proud.

Good luck Sky...

The Signature has always been "I'll Take Manhattan" The big semi circle, throw down our shakos, swing part that we ended most shows with.

Edit: Here is a MIDI of the 1995 version (doesn't do it justice of course) http://www.conquistadorsdbc.org/signature%5Fscore.mid

Edited by Skylinersop16

"We're from New York" - so play music that is indelibly New York in character (and forget anything else).

"Loud and clear" - there was never anything subtle about the great Skyliner corps of the past. Write for power.

"The greatest show" - make it emotional. We want them throwing babies from the stands when the show is over.

"We're always out to win" - design a show that is a winner in the eyes of the fans, the judges and the people who perform it.

"No fear" - don't be afraid of doing something dramatic - don't be afraid of using songs from the past - don't be afraid of anything or anybody - just bring back the glory days.

w/Stp: Fantastic post, Roger!!!

The Signature has always been "I'll Take Manhattan"

And if you asked Scotty McFee, god rest his soul, he'd tell you it was Porgy and Bess. At least it was during his time in the corps. If I ask someone else from a different era, it will be a different number.

Who's Scotty? Ask around. Hopefully you come up with the man that published the "RAG" for a few years. He's also the guy that brought the infamous "SOUP" for the corps to partake in before they went on the field. Plus many many more stories.

Did you guys pick out a show last night? Poulan and Rudnicki must have a million and one ideas. Have you guys gone through the shock yet? :huh:

Did you guys pick out a show last night? Poulan and Rudnicki must have a million and one ideas. Have you guys gone through the shock yet? :huh:

We are still in staff acquisition mode, and collecting possible music and show themes from everyone and everywhere (thus, this thread).

Next comes show design mode. We have no idea what the show will be yet, but I can tell you one thing ... the horns are still in "G" ... and like their Evil pals, the show will have moments designed to be the musical equivalent of a nuclear blast.

The Skyliners music and image can be summed up in many different ways by many different people, but the one thing that everyone agrees upon is Power, Attitude and the unrepetant use of LOUD.

All of which will be there in 2007.

Lee:

Just make sure you know the corps song.

You'll be expected to sing it at away camp. :huh:

Lee:

Just make sure you know the corps song.

You'll be expected to sing it at away camp. :huh:

You definitely don't want to hear me sing. That alone would fold the corps. lol.

Except for Evangelion. That lounge version of Fly Me To The Moon would fit into any elevator sound system. :D

I agree on their "Fly me to the Moon" being more meant for elevator Music. HOWEVER, the show does have some cool musical entities that would be awesome. Especially the song when they show snippets of the next episode (I think Angel Attack?).

Anyway, if they are looking at Anime show ideas. I'd whole heartedly recommend two animes. One being "Fullmetal Alchemist" (Come on, "Ready, Steady, Go!" is dying to be used by a corps) and the other being (shameless little given opinion) "InuYasha" (Their ballads are very well written and would make for some nice interludes between the fighting songs). Anyway, whatever Sky picks will have it's share of fanatics, it's share of "eh" fans (Some who like the concept and music, but don't go ga-ga over it) and probably some that may hate the concept all together. Good luck you guys. See you in the future!