Notable Non-High Brass Drum Corps

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Cadets might have won 95, but I wasn't sure - BD gave them a heck of a run for it that year if they did.

Actually, didn't Cadets change their style to a slight bend in the knee this year? I can't remmember, but I thought I noticed it when I saw them

One I need to mention after re-watching/listening to the ToC '04 DVD today. Cadets '04. Wow. What a hornline. Sounded great on the field (opening statement has to be one of the most well-performed brass moments ever), and even better in the arc for that recording. It helps their cause, how incredibly underrated they were, as well.

inexplicable double post.

Edited by Jared_mello

They won in '95. Regardless, I still agree with you though, those are some of the best hornlines (MELLOPHONES!!!!) I've ever heard. Except for '98.

<cough>Vandoren</cough>

I thought Cadets might have won 95, but I wasn't sure - BD gave them a heck of a run for it that year if they did.

The Cadets shared the brass trophy in 95 with the Scouts and BD.

They won in '95. Regardless, I still agree with you though, those are some of the best hornlines (MELLOPHONES!!!!) I've ever heard. Except for '98.

Those mellos were killer in 1998, too.

I agree about their 04 hornline, too....probably by far my favorite sound from them since the mid-90s probably.

Cadets '04. Wow. What a hornline. Sounded great on the field (opening statement has to be one of the most well-performed brass moments ever), and even better in the arc for that recording.

Then it should be pretty similar to how it sounded on the field...considering that they weren't moving.