Madison Scouts uniform idea

I think that the corps should wear the DM uniform and the DM should wear the uniform that the members are supposed to wear.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the silver on white worked quite well when I saw Madison on finals night, and I didn't even have good seats because I march and had to sit on the side of the field. I saw it however. It was meant to be seen under the lights, and that's what happened.

The current Madison uniform is awesome. I love it. Classic. The one at the beginning of thee thread = pretty awesome too. For some reason it's missing something though, and I just can't figure out what it is.

well he's got talent, and you've got good idea's.

Thank you for the compliment :) and for the record I also run, and own dciscores.com

I also did a render of the 2000 Regiment Uni that I wore when I was a member.

PhantomUni.jpg

Edited by PRSop2000

I thought the silver on white worked quite well when I saw Madison on finals night, and I didn't even have good seats because I march and had to sit on the side of the field. I saw it however. It was meant to be seen under the lights, and that's what happened.

The current Madison uniform is awesome. I love it. Classic. The one at the beginning of thee thread = pretty awesome too. For some reason it's missing something though, and I just can't figure out what it is.

You know what it is missing? the cords hanging from one shoulder, and yes widen the sash and make it a sequiny red so it catches the stadium lights.

good idea though gumby.

widen the sash and make it a sequiny red so it catches the stadium lights.

How's this? I HATE citation chords... they're so dated.

Madison2.jpg

The theory you mentioned (which corps fans and staff seem to be adopting nowadays), in my opinion, couldn't be any further from the truth, and is one of the major forces in holding back the activity from its full potential.

For someone who claims to be so young, you certainly are enamoured and supportive of a period/ style in drum corps that you never knew.

For someone who claims to be so young, you certainly are enamoured and supportive of a period/ style in drum corps that you never knew.

Never knew? Dozens of DVDs and hundreds of MP3s say otherwise. I saw my first live show a little over a year ago...does that mean I should only expose myself to shows from the 2005 and 2006 seasons?

Drum corps shows are timeless; they aren't created for a single season, or a single night, but for generations. Once they've been performed for the last time, they still live on in a highly representative form by way of audio and video recordings. I've grown to love so many drum corps shows from the '70s, '80s, '90s, and 2000s this way, the only way that I could, and I'm so glad that I'm now able to witness even more masterpieces of shows live (Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, and Carolina Crown come to mind from this year).

I know those Madison Scouts shows from the 1990s inside and out, every note, every rhythm, every drill move. The productions they have had to offer within the past few years are on a completely different level than those shows, lightyears behind, not even coming close the power, energy, emotion, and total awe eminating from the likes of A Drum Corp Fan's Dream, The Pirates of Lake Mendota, and Jesus Christ Superstar.

I'd love to see them return to this level of mastery, and those choosing that uniform would be the first step in the right direction.

I disagree with Hrothgar. The change wouldn't start from the uniform. That is silly.

But I really like your rendering! What program did you use to create the image?