Madison Scouts uniform idea

maybe they changed it b/c they hadn't reached the look they were really wanting??

I mean.... to the outside observer...it may look like change just for change... but I'm almost certain there was real motive behind it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw...to traditional and old fashioned. It would never go over very well. :lol:

That uniform was done in 1988. I wouldn't call that old fashioned. The original scout uniform, maybe..(neckerchif, spats, etc)

IMO, by 2003, the 88-02 uniform was tired and outdated and needed a change. Love or hate what they wear now, they did need to change that uniform.

can I just say that I really don't think that a uniform is holding anyone back???

short of white pants making drill look more dirty.... that's a pretty interesting argument IMO.

ummm...not marching well makes the drill look dirty.

Drill can be dirty in dark pants too. Look at Blue Knoghts finals performance...all kinds of phasing...I saw it from halfway up the stands.

And, they had those young men from Madison were trying to fly around the field early in that show. It looked like a tough show to get clean.

That uniform was done in 1988. I wouldn't call that old fashioned. The original scout uniform, maybe..(neckerchif, spats, etc)

IMO, by 2003, the 88-02 uniform was tired and outdated and needed a change. Love or hate what they wear now, they did need to change that uniform.

Yes...bring back the kerchief and spats!!!!!!

:lol: mustn't....say....a.....thing....about....sarcasm.....

ummm...not marching well makes the drill look dirty.

Drill can be dirty in dark pants too. Look at Blue Knoghts finals performance...all kinds of phasing...I saw it from halfway up the stands.

And, they had those young men from Madison were trying to fly around the field early in that show. It looked like a tough show to get clean.

I realize not marching well makes drill look dirty. :lol:

I also know that white pants highlights dirty drill much more than darker pants.

ALL credit goes to the guy who runs http://www.jamesmeister.com . I just IM'd him my ideas and he rendered it.

well he's got talent, and you've got good idea's.

Here's my really good idea for what the perfect Scouts uniform would be for next year:

categoriesMadison%20Scouts1994fullsize9084_Bill%20Terrell.JPG

What do you guys think?

True dat.

I was watching mid-80s Scouts the other day. You never really appreciate how great the 88-99 sash is until you see the big field of green they had previously.

Here's my really good idea for what the perfect Scouts uniform would be for next year:

categoriesMadison%20Scouts1994fullsize9084_Bill%20Terrell.JPG

What do you guys think?

This is a great uniform!

The new design (beginning of thread) is good, needs a wider sash; narrow sashes don't work at a distance in a stadium.

For some reason I do prefer the green jacket and white pants, the current white jacket didn't really work for me. In general subtle does not work in football stadiums (ie. silver on white).

I say bring back white pants WITH pinstripes. Then we would really know who knows how to march.

However, spats are purely amazing.

Best. Idea. Ever.