Inactive Coprs

Wasn't Phantom inactive for a bit in the 70s? Maybe they just didn't make finals, but I do remember hearing of some down time for them. Certainly didn't hurt them.

I think that it was more like in the 50's or 60's. But yes, I believe you are correct.

Racine Scouts were out a few years as well

Kilties came back as a competative Senior, only corps to make both DCI and DCA finals. With a lot of the same members. Which (IMHO) is pretty cool.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Racine Scouts were out a few years as well

Kilties came back as a competative Senior, only corps to make both DCI and DCA finals. With a lot of the same members. Which (IMHO) is pretty cool.

I didn't know Kiltie a junior corps. Were junior better?

Kilties were a DCI Finalist corps in the mid 1970s. Also think the Kilties (Jr version) were out for a year of two then back for one final year in the early 80s.

OT: For you older mid-westerners, Chicago/Skokie Vanguard came back as a Sr corps in the mid 1980s. Stuck around a few years but never made DCA Finals. Same with Blessed Sac and Blue Rock who did a year as Sr corps in 1975.

crossmen went inactive a few times

Targets were around in the 60s? I think. Maybe 70s. Don't quite recall. But they came back in the late 90's.

I'm fairly confident the crossmen have never gone inactive... they were disqualified from DCI for a summer for overage member before though.

phantom went inactive in 65 from a fire, they reformed in 67 though.

-christopher

In the 1989 PBS broadcast, they said both Crossmen and Freelancers were in Finals for the first time since being inactive. Were they wrong?

From 1964-1970, the Kilties finished 1st, 3rd, 8th, 5th, 1st, 1st and 6th at VFW Nationals. After not attending VFW in 1971, they started going to DCI and finished 8th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 29th, 10th, 12th, and 32nd in the period 1972-1979. After a year off, they finished extremely low in the 1981 and 1982 DCI prelims.