Summer schedule coming soon

UPCOMING DATES

11/08 - 2007 DCI Major Events schedule released

11/15 - 2007 Summer Music Games schedule released

11/16 - DCI Eastern Classic ticket packages on sale

11/21 - Watch "Brass Roots" on www.DCI.org

also in the newsletter:

Thirteen groups are said to have made up the founding members of Drum Corps International. Individuals from these groups met in Indianapolis, Ind., in November of 1972 to work out the details of the new organization
now it seems more fitting that DCI moves back to the place where it all started Edited by tubawarrior

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought it wasn't until February when the full day-to-day schedule was released in the past.

I don't remember when that has traditionally happened, but the point you are making is valid, as the announcement states the "Major Events schedule" will be announced soon. Major events are the bigger shows that tend to appear in the schedule in boldface type as opposed to the Tour and Event Partner shows that are organized locally and are the backbone of the season.

Mike,

Do you know anything about how an "ordinary" show gets organized and put on the DCI calendar?

Mike,

Do you know anything about how an "ordinary" show gets organized and put on the DCI calendar?

To be honest, I don't. But I have some observations that are my own and not necessarily reflective of how it really works.

You'll note that all the "Major Shows" have traditionally been at university or NFL-type stadiums, except for Allentown. So, I'm guessing that size of the venue has something to do with it. I believe (and I must emphasize the word "believe") that such shows are also primarily ticketed through DCI and not the local organizers. Again, I must stress that I think that is the way it works. (I don't work in the DCI office, so I don't have all the CORRECT answers. But I sometimes have a lot of incorrect ones. :))