i'm so sorry :(

about you having to live here now. :P

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump from CT.

Wow. We could so do this.

I say we do a show called "Fantasy and Improvisation on the Tritone Substitution Based on the Giant Steps Progression" In Bb..er..no..E...uh no, Bb, uh, E. LOL!!!!

Sooooooo........who remembers waaaaaaay back when all corps travelled to AL Nationals???? VFW Nationals, The Dream????? Other important shows which would be, for most corps, many miles and dollars away?????

Maybe it's time DCA considers expanded regionality. DCA the umbrella; under which would be DCA NE, DCA South, DCA MidWest and DCA West. This would help expand the 'reach' of DCA nationwide and allow participation during the season to many more corps. This, then, would meet the suggested requisite attendance at shows, increase the number of shows and allow for regional chanmpionship competitions. This would be the build up to DCA Championships with prelims and finals, I&E....etc., etc.

Thanks to all the corps from the west coast for making the effort and taking the expense of coming east to entertain the eastern fans. Thank you all the corps from the southwest, midwest and southeast for making the journey. Thank you to all of the corps from Canada for doing likewise.

........just my take on this thread......... :sshh:

Hell I remember when I was a member of the Braintree Warriors (oops, I just dated myself) and we traveled to VFW, AL, The Dream, etc. And I know the Renegades just love coming out East and seeing/hearing thier online friends, etc.

Hmmm, maybe we CAN do this gig.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

GDAL

Do you know that they were not invited? Just curious...they have both attended Clifton other years recently.

Mike let's put it like this. one corps was wanted, but if they invited one, they had to invite both, so both sat home.

It is my understanding that the NE corps were NOT INVITED to the DCI meeting, and this was done on purpose.

I could be wrong tho.

which makes me wonder if this is backlash and we have a standoff in the works

Just my limited knowledge of how things were set up. Yes, the majority of the NE corps were not there, and I believe that the reason they were not invited is they have no status with DCI. We, Chops, are an affiliate, associate, or something. But we have a status within DCI-Central and pay our dues. Therefore we were invited. Admittedly, for performance opportunities at this time we need to align with DCI for first season performances. We are slowly expanding DCA-Central. I am very interested to see more about how this is going to fall out.

As to the Class A corps responding to what is going on. I don't know how to respond to this. Currently we have the same status with DCA as we do DCI, and no vote at either. So, any response that any of us would make would just be so much bluster and positioning.

Instead of responding, let me posit this as what my feelings are about the future direction and membership of DCA.

PROPOSED NEW MEMBERSHIP RULE

- Every corps that attends DCA Championships and has performed at 2 or 3 consecutive (don't know what the proper number is) championships gets a vote.

- Corps that make finals in both Class A and Open get a second vote

- Corps that make finals and host a DCA sanctioned show get a third vote

This just came to me the other day, and I do not know how this would all flesh out, but it would be my wish for DCA to be inclusive of all organizations. Just my thoughts.

Cheers,

Bob

i think that's a brilliant idea, especially as Class A's explosion has led to the growth of open class as well. face it, if not for having Class A, we'd have seen less corps take the chance to come in

I propose that the corps that make the most effort to attend the "World Championships" get 4 extra votes in consideration of their dedication to our activity.

I also propose that if a corps is going to travel outside of the country that they should give their votes to the corps that makes to most effort to attend DCA.

I really am impressed by this thread, no one is bashing and it's evident that people aren't through discussing this yet.

Does DCA offer an online resource of all of the other rule change proposals?

Other questions, to the members of the corps that are supporting this, does your staff discuss this with you? Do they suggest you just keep silent? If your corps supported this and you were totally against it would it affect your membership with your corps?

Trav

in my DCW interview with Gil Silva, it was made clear that this type of stuff is to be handled in house, i.e. not announced to the world. in discussions he and I had that were off the record, i expressed the concern that often times this policy made DCA look to cloak and dagger old boys network.

judging by what I am seeing lately, i can't say they are doing anything to allay those concerns

Furthermore, if the Renegades do NOT go to the meeting in January and have their say, they have NO RIGHT in the future to say that they were kicked out, turned away etc.....if they were givn a chance to speak (in Janury) and they choose to remain silent, then THEY have caused their own demise in DCA.

on the other hand, if they DO go, and still get voted down, then yes, they will be perfectly correct that DCA as a whole ####ed them over.

i agree 100%. actually all non NE corps should go

while i'd like to think that people would respond from their various organizations at some point i also don't see that calling them out specifically if you see them reading the thread or just even in general is going to really do anything to solve this.

I see them not responding for the same reasons hop and Feidler rarely reply to inquiries anymore.

lose/lose situations